Chapter Fourteen: The Second General

~Chapter Fourteen~
The Second General

Owin took a deep breath and began to focus and after a few moments the light surrounding his body had grown ever more brightly.

Owin: "Luke go now!" He watched as the boy ran away from him before turning back to face Isis. "Im or- cin Isis, cin kar- ú- anir- na asa-, hi cin lélë níf nin rúsë!" (I warned you Isis, but you did not want to cooperate with me, now you will face my wrath!) His green eyes were lit ablaze and the light around Isis grew white and hot. "Ha na- anand an cin na bel- Isis!" (It is time for you to die Isis!) Beams of pure concentrated light started to shoot forth from his body flying in every direction, disintegrating every enemy it came in contact with, turning them to ash. Isis started to choke as the light that surrounded her was now starting to suffocate her. Just as Owin was about to squeeze the life from her a large explosion came out of nowhere causing him to lose his focus and allowing Isis to break free. The faint sound of coughing could be heard over the ringing in his ears, and the voice of an unknown young woman could be heard.

Woman: "Mistress Isis, I'm sorry for the delay but I got here as fast as I could." The woman then helped Isis to her feet before she spoke.

Isis: "What matters is that you're here now Yasano, take care of the Slayer for me while I make my escape. I'm sure you won't fail me, after all you're the strongest of the four generals." Footsteps could then be heard and the smoke soon cleared, Isis was now gone and standing in front of Owin in her place was a woman holding a katana, wearing a purple kimono and a white and red kitsune mask.

Owin: "Man dag -ldë? Treneri- nin isse car- Isis lenna-?!" (Who are you? Tell me where has Isis gone?!) Yasano just giggled while walking closer to Owin.

Yasano: "It seems that you can only speak in the ancient elvish tongue in that form? Can you even understand what I'm saying right now? Well rather you know what I'm saying or not, please allow me to introduce myself, my name is Yasano Kagura. In my former life I was a samurai warrior of great importance from the Taiyo Empire, I left for reasons that I can not say and that I'd rather forget. But here I'm one of Zhago's four generals, I'm known as The Great Wall of the Zemorian Empire. They call me this because none have ever been able to break me." Yasano firmly held the grip of her katana. "I have no doubt that you'll be any different." She then suddenly disappeared into thin air. "Can you keep up with me Slayer?" All of a sudden she appeared on the left side of Owin swinging her katana towards him, but he parried the attack with his own sword. "Oh! You're quite fast at drawing your blade! I didn't even see you move, this just might end up being a very interesting battle!"

Owin: "Im gar- baw anand an hi, im lèlë turu- limbë!" (I have no time for this, I will defeat you quickly!) In a flash of light Owin vanished and reappeared far across the battlefield from Yasano. "Im nall- pícë i rod plural rodyn -o i yara aino! Tul- enna reth ëala, leith- i pant rod plural rodyn -o i anor!" (I call upon the power of the ancient Gods! Come forth arcane spirits, release the full power of the sun!) Owin then raised his sword looking directly at Yasano who just stood there staring back at him. "Aurë cirissë!" (Sunlight Slash!) Owin swung his sword at Yasano, sending forth a large blade of concentrated light that burned everything in its path. The attack had hit Yasano head on causing a huge explosion of light vaporizing everything around it, the light quickly faded and Yasano was still standing in the same place giggling.

Yasano: "That was quite the attack! But ineffective I'm afraid. You see, back in my homeland we worship the great god of the sun and because of that we're blessed with the immunity of all light and fire based magics. So your light has no effect on me, and it seems that you're all out of mana now Slayer!" Yasano was right Owin had used up all of his mana and was now at the end of his magical prowess. The light soon faded from around him and Owin was now back to normal, but he still had a trick or two up his sleeve. He took in a deep breath and readied himself.