Chapter Five: Hero of Legend

~Chapter Five~
Hero of Legend

Killian just stood there terrified as he stared down at Luke. The images of what he had just seen of the boy's past were seared into his mind. He thought to himself, how could such a young child kill an entire coven of upier? They should have torn that boy limb from limb, but for some reason he did to them what they did to his family. Killian stood there pondering at the thought.

Killian: "What the hell are you boy? Answer me?!"

Luke: "I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about!"

Killian: "Lies! You must know! You killed those upier that night as a child like they were nothing! How?! Was it some sort of magic!?"

Luke: "I told you I don't know! All that I remember of that night is my family being murdered by those things, everything else is a blur to me!" Killian was starting to get very angry at Luke.

Killian: "There's got to be something that you're not telling me boy!"

Luke: "It's like I said, I seriously don't know! I wish I knew but I don't. I was only a child when it happened. Do you really expect me to remember something so traumatic that happened years ago?"

Killian: "You're right, I shouldn't expect you to remember anything." He sighed. "I'm afraid I'll just have to kill you then Luke." Killian raised his hand ready to strike the boy down, when suddenly he flew back into a wall. He picked himself up to find Owin now free from his bonds and surrounded by a pure white light. His green eyes were now lit ablaze while he was muttering in ancient elvish.

Owin: "Bui i rod plural rodyn -o i yára aino, im tolth- i rod plural rodyn -o i reth ëala, on- nin i polod na turu- nin cûd. Tul- et i rod plural rodyn -o i anor!" (By the power of the ancient Gods, I summon the power of the arcane spirits, give me the strength to defeat my foe. Bring forth the power of the sun!). The room then began to shake and the walls started to crumble apart. Beams of pure light started to erupt from Owin causing Killian to scream in agony as the light made its way towards him. Without a second thought he transformed into a cloud of smoke and quickly retreated. The light had now filled the entire room breaking the magical bonds that held the others.

Luke: "What's happening to Owin?! What's that light coming off of him?!" Aqua ran over to his side.

Aqua: "I have no idea, I've never seen this sort of magic before!" More of the room began to crumble causing the roof to cave in. A large pillar then fell where Osonia was standing, but it disintegrated before it hit her. She then looked up to see a large sphere of light surrounding her and the others, protecting them from the falling debris. She yelled over to Aqua and Luke who hurried to her side.

Osonia: "That's because this magic is very ancient! It hasn't been seen in thousands of years." The room started to shake more and the ceiling was now completely gone, revealing the dark night sky above.

Owin: "Nifred ú- nin -ndil, an im lélë beri- cin" (Fear not my friends, for I shall protect you.)
Aqua: "Osonia can you make out what he's saying?"

Osonia: "I don't know! It's some ancient form of elvish I think? I can only make out a few of the words he's saying. But I do know we have to stop him before he starts to get out of control! Aqua can you do anything to help? Maybe you can reach out to him?"

Aqua: "I don't know if there's anything I can do, but I can try. I call upon Kivris the Goddess of tranquility, lend me your arcane power, please hear me in my time of need. Grant me the power to stop this madness before it gets out of hand." Aqua then raised her hand up to Owin trying to reach out to his mind. "Please Owin hear me, you have to stop this, you aren't yourself and the danger is over with. I promise you that we're safe. Killian is gone and you can stop now." The light soon started to fade away and Owin collapsed to the floor. Aqua hurried over to his side and examined him thoroughly. Luke soon joined her looking down at his still body.