I wake up to my phone ringing. My eyes adjust to my phone brightness to see Tristan's caller ID. I sit up quickly to answer.

"Hello." I clear my voice. "Hello?" I haven't spoken to him over the phone in almost two weeks.

"Heyyy babe." Tristan slurs. "I miss you so much, do you know that?"

I pull the phone away to check the time, it's 1 am and my first day of school is tomorrow. He chooses today, of all fucking days to call me?

"Tristan? Why are you calling me so late?" I groan.

"I just...I don't know. Like I said," he laughs. "I miss you."

"Tristan it's been two weeks, you barely text me back. You don't answer any of my calls, and you think drunk calling me is going to make this any better?" I'm shouting, but I can't consume the anger that I'm feeling right now.

I don't think I have ever felt this much anger in my life. I don't mean to be dramatic, but I have felt so alone and forgotten. Tristan has never treated me this way, and I don't understand what I have done to deserve this, but I refuse for this to go on.

"Babe, calm down. I was trying to help you!" He stutters, I hear chatter in the back ground. So he can hang out with other people but can't take a second to tell me he's okay?

"Calm down? Seriously, Tristan?" I hop down from my bed and start pacing.

"Yes, help Lee. I.. I want you to make friends and I thought that if I didn't answer..idk it would push you to do that." The sounds in the background have gotten quieter, I'm guessing he stepped outside.

I feel tears begin to run down my face as I listen to him explain that I basically sucked at making friends.

"I don't need help." I sniffle. "You have no right to leave me alone, Tristan."

Silence.

"I'm not helpless, have you ever thought that I have everyone in my life that I need? I don't want a bunch of fake friends, or to go out every night. I'm sorry, but I'm not that kind of girl."

"I'm sorry." Is all he replies, which is enough for me to hang up the phone.

"Lee?" I snap my head up to see Chloe laying on my bed.

"H h heyy." I stutter. "I'm going to go for a walk, I just need to be alone right now." I manage a smile, but it probably looks more like a grimace.

"Lee, I don't... I don't think that's a good idea. It's like 1 am right now." She sits up to look at me as I shove my feet into some shoes.

"Chloe, please stop." I grab a black jacket and throw it on.

"Lee..." but I close the door before she can say anything.

Like a zombie, I walk down the stairs and step outside. A cool breeze hits my face as I walk across the street to the Plaza. Buildings circle a huge patch of grass where students sit at benches to study during the day.

It was secluded, but I knew I needed some space. I've been ignoring Chloe because of her brother, so I haven't really had any social interaction the past three days.

I walk on the concrete that circles around the hang out spot. The stars are out and the moon is half way hidden.

Tristan and I used to go to this spot, where we would set up a picnic and look at the stars. He always loved space and wanted to be an astronaut one day.

Thoughts of Tristan bring the tears back. I find the nearest bench and sit down. I sob because of how stupid I look, me sitting on a park bench alone, crying my eyes out over a boy.