I stare at myself in the bathroom mirror feeling defeated. The marks intricately cover my back, going up my spine to slightly be seen by anyone around my neck.

I forced Chloe to leave after she told me they were permanent. There was no way I could get rid of them.

These were the marks only Alphas and their mates got, a way of showing their strength and superiority in a pack. The mark made me realize how stuck I was to Alec, that no matter how far away I was, that I would always be reminded of him. That I belonged to him.

My fingertips softly touch the part on my neck, sending sparks through my finger tips. With a sigh, I throw on the oversized T-shirt that I plucked from the already stocked walk-in closet. I was shocked to see everything was in my size and they were all clothes I could see myself wearing. Chloe's doing no doubt. At least that's what I tell myself.

I drop to the floor as a wavs of heat rolls over my body.  I take deep breaths as my skin starts to feel like it's on fire.

I shakily walk to the bed, but the sheets are rough against my skin so I move to the bathroom to lay on the cold floor.

Sweat trickles down my brow as the fire in my body continues to grow.

A loud roar comes from outside of my room and I hear the door being ripped open.

I look up to see Alec's black eyes staring down at me. He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes for a split second before lurching toward me.

"Mate." He uses a deep guttural voice.

"What's wrong with me?" I whimper on the floor.

He goes to reach out but I slap his hand away.

"Don't. Don't touch me." I grit out. The fire in my body gets worse and I then realize I'm only in an oversized T-shirt and underwear.

I pull the shirt farther down, but the material is like a knife scraping against my skin.

I cry out in pain as I push myself off the floor and force myself in the shower, making the water as cold as it'll get.

"Alec. Get Chloe. Something is wrong." I cry out as the water begins to mildly mask the burn.

"I'm here. I'm here." I hear Chloe rush out at the door.

She goes to take a step toward me but Alec, who was been staring at my this whole time, growls at her. If I wasn't in so much pain, I'd probably have pissed my pants if I was wearing any.

"Alec, it's okay. She's your mate, but I need to go to her." Chloe brings her hands up in a surrender position and attempts to take another step in my direction.

"She's mine, I will help her." Alec growls out.

"Alec, she's in heat. Do I need to remind you, she's human and we've not had a human mate here before." Chloe tries to reason. "As my Alpha, you can command me to leave. But I'm pleading with you, as your sister, to let me help."

The fire dances across my skin and I let out another cry and sink to the ground to a fetal position.

Alec looks between me and Chloe before gruffly nodding his head and stepping to the side.

Chloe rushes over to me, ignoring the shower that has soaked her clothes, and brings my head to her lap.

"Chloe, my skin is on fire." I scream.

She brushes my hair out of my face and looks at me worriedly. She looks at my skin and gently brushes her fingertips across my arm. I jerk it away as her touch made my skin feel even hotter. I set up and throw up what little water I have on my stomach up.