A let out a sharp hiss as Leah rubs up against Alec. My heart shatters, but I have a boyfriend. I shouldn't feel sad, Alec means nothing to me. He's Chloe's weird brother. That's all.

But why am I so upset? My eyes won't move away from the scene, and as if sensing my stare, Alec looks up.

A guilty look appears on his face. He takes a step forward and I take this as my que to leave. I head for the first door I see and it just so happens to be the back door.

A sea of people are also out here. I move further into the back yard to a tree. I put a hand on the tree to stable myself.

"Hadley." I hear a voice from behind.

I tense as I recognize the voice. I turn around to see Chloe. The last thing I hear are her words. "I'm so sorry."

-

"You could've been a little more gentle you ass hat!" I groan at the sound of someone's voice.

"Shh, she's waking up."

"Get out of here, let me talk to her please."

"I can't wait any longer, she's mine."

I groan again and open my eyes. It takes a second for me to recognize that I'm not at the party anymore.

My vision blurs and I wipe my eyes to make the fog go away. I open them again and I'm met with 8 pairs of worried eyes. Jake. Chloe. Thomas. And Alec?

"Wha..what's going on?" I ask.

"Leave us." Alec instructs. Both Jake and Thomas leave immediately, but Chloe hesitates before walking out of the room.

"Drink this." Alec hands me a glass of water and I look at him questioningly before taking it and downing the water.

"Why am I here? What happened?" I have so many questions running through my mind.

"I told you. I need to talk to you Hadley." Alec brings up a chair and sits across from the couch I'm laying on.

"Not this again." I roll my eyes and go to sit up, but I'm hit with a dizzy spell. "Whoa." I lay back down and close my eyes to get my bearings.

"Hey hey take it easy. It'll wear off soon." Alec looks at my worriedly.

"What are you talking about Alec?" Why is he acting so weird?

"You blacked out and I took you." He crosses his arms against his chest and leans back in his chair.

"Did you..did you drug me?" He wouldn't would he?

"Oh come on." He scoffs. "You were drunk and ran out of the room. So I followed after you, my sister tried stopping me but I gave her a command to stay so I could bring you here and talk. But you collapsed before I could say anything."

My eyebrows draw together as I try to remember. We were dancing and then I saw Alec. He was dancing with Leah and I left. I remember that my heart was hurting, like it was literally breaking. But that can't be the reason why I blacked out. And why was I feeling that way toward seeing Alec dancing on someone else? He's nothing to me.

"I'm going to ask one more time Alec, what's going on?" I slowly sit myself up to look him directly in the eye.

Alec sighs and he leans forward, placing his elbows on his knees.

"Legends have it that we've been around for centuries, but we have no idea how long we've actually been on Earth. I'd say thousands of years? We were once one with man, living side by side, but humans began to become envious of our kind. We were stronger, faster, and could live longer than any of them. They turned against us, a war broke out and though we were stronger, they discovered the root of wolfsbane was lethal to us. They wiped out a third of our kind, but the Moon Goddess saw this and touched every mind that knew us. She wiped the knowledge of our existence from mankind, we're nothing but a folktale now. But it keeps us safe." He pauses to see if I'm following along and continues. "She spread us out across the country, no longer living in a kingdom together, but separate across different regions. Instead of being led by The Alpha King, she made every pack to have its own Alpha and other chains in command. She saw how low our numbers were, but everyone was scared to love. Fearful that one day the humankind would find out about us and go after their loved ones. So she made it easier for us, for every wolf was granted a.. soul mate. Someone that was made for them." Alec pauses for another second, letting this all sink in.