Prologue

I'm a freaky mess.

I was born as a werewolf and lived like that lifestyle for as long as I could remember. Then when I saw the pattern of pale skin and green hair, I realized I was part zombie. The freakiest part was, I still needed my moonstone, and I didn't need a Z-Band.

My hair was the epitome of the freakiness I was born with. The front half of my hair was white, almost silver. The green streaks in front of my face were zombie. I didn't know why there wasn't a black part of my hair, considering I was a werewolf.

I didn't know it until their deathbed, but my dad was a werewolf turned zombie after the explosion. I was born almost a hundred years before the explosion, but I was indirectly affected. It only made my skin pale and the streaks of green appear.

I was five. A boy and a girl came into view, walking around the woods and arguing. They were about the same age as I was. I narrowed my eyes at them, curious. The boy noticed me and grinned.

"More werewolves!" the boy cheered, making me smile.

"Careful. They may not be so friendly," the girl warned.

"I'm friendly," I assured them.

The boy ran over, his sister quickly following behind. The boy was grinning. He had a white streak in his bangs that was swept off to the side. He looked so innocent. His sister looked more like she was about to interrogate me.

"Wanna play?" I asked.

I ran to my den, grabbing a ball and bringing it back to the siblings. "Between that tree and that tree. First one to five wins."

I played with the two for hours until my parents came home. Between those hours, we played multiple rounds of soccer. The boy was laughing the whole time, even fell on the ground a couple of times from laughing too hard.

"Hey, no fair! You're good at this!" the boy whined.

"She's also better than you." His sister smirked.

I laughed as the boy pouted. "Aw, come here." I smirked as the boy walked over and I reached up to play with his hair. He smiled. When I scratched behind his ear, he easily became pliant.

I shivered against the cold wind of August. The boy noticed and gave me his fur coat. It was monstrous on me. He slipped my arms through the holes, then stepped back to admire it. He smiled innocently as we continued.

When my parents came out, the siblings ran back to where I spotted them and got farther and farther away. I pouted, kicking the ball at a tree. I really wanted them to stay. Maybe we could play some more.

Mom and Dad died a few months later. I didn't realize how abnormal it was to have my look. I mean, the people I saw looked so... normal. Sooner than later, I figured out how to survive on my own and blend into the normal crowd.

Couple after couple, adults took me in after finding me in the woods. Couple after couple, I watched them die quickly as I slowly grew. I eventually just stayed in my old den, having money from the couples in the past.

I missed the two wolves, even though I didn't know their names. I wanted to play soccer with them again. And the sister was hilarious. I wanted everything to stay the same, but that could never happen.

My hair didn't like it when I dyed it. The green streak would be able to be covered, but the white was unable to even keep in. So, I kept it under a wig in hopes that I would be able to fit in.

Then different became normal.