Chapter 13- Flesh & Bone

I walked up to the pack, pulling down my headphones. Wyatt smiled immediately.

"You're going after the moonstone now?" Addison questioned.

"It won't survive the detonation," I reasoned.

"Then let me join you," Addison begged. "I'm ready to become a wolf."

"If you really are one," Willa remarked.

Addison opened the box. She stared at it in disbelief. "It's gone."

"You lost it?" Wynter questioned.

"Do you know how precious a moonstone necklace is?" Willa snapped. "I knew we should've left it with (Y/n)." She snatched the box from Addison. "She wouldn't have been so carel—Where did you get this?"

"Get what?" Addison asked.

"Get this!" Willa held up my broken necklace.

"I found it and was going to bring it to you guys," Addison lied.

"Liar!" Willa yelled. Her eyes glowed. "Where did you get it?"

"Willa, calm down," Wyatt warned.

"It's her necklace!" Willa held it up for him to see. "The girl we met when we were five. Remember? The one that looks like the vision?"

Wyatt's eyes widened in disbelief. A tear slipped out of Willa's eyes. "Stay out of our amazing hair."

Wyatt kept his arm around me as we walked away. Wyatt took the necklace from Willa and held his and my necklace together. He smiled when the glow from his necklace appeared. When it was gone, the necklace was mended. My eyes widened.

"How?" I breathed.

"Moonstones can be mended with the right energy." Willa faced me. "Wyatt and the girl had an emotional bond that day. With that bond in mind, he healed the necklace."

"Amazing," I whispered.

"(Y/n), please report to the principal's office for voting."

I sighed. "I'll see you guys later."

Wyatt kissed my cheek. I smiled and ran off.

~~~

The alarm went off at school. Addison ran to get me. We headed to Seabrook Power.

"You gotta take it off," Addison pleaded.

I knew what she meant. "You know I can't."

"Please. Do what I did. It's time to get the moonstone back. You're the Gr-"

"I'll think about it if you stop making me nervous."

When I finally got to Seabrook Power, Zed was running with me. He smiled, noticing.

History changes, but we lost the pages we wrote

When you lose direction, can't see the reflection you know

We came from the bottom then became the problem

Now everything's out of control

So hey, are you with me? Let's go!

Wyatt, Willa, and the rest of the pack stared at me in shock as I walked up to Addison.

Oh-oh-oh-oh

This is a declaration

Oh-oh-oh-oh

Of a new generation

It's now or never, we're in this together

We'll fight through the highs and the lows

No, we won't break, we're more than flesh and bone

Zed walked up to Mr. Wells and his dad. "You gotta stop the demolition, Dad. I know how hard you worked to get this job. But if it's gonna hurt the werewolves, you have to stop it."

"You're right." He nodded. "And Addison's right. Shut it down. Stop the detonation. Tomorrow, when it's safe, we'll find what you're looking for. But right now, you can all go home."

I grinned. Addison and Zed hugged each other tightly. The werewolves were uncuffed. Addison hugged me as the cheering started to die down. She smiled as the green streaks fell into my face.

We raced out of Seabrook Power and into an alley. Zed joined our sides.

"Hey," Zed greeted.

"We did it! We stopped the demo!" Addison cheered.

"This is for you." Zed handed me Wyatt's coat.

"Thank you." I slipped it on with ease. "Man. I forgot how cold that place can be."

Someone ran up behind me and grabbed me. I shrieked, but then quickly realized it was him. Wyatt spun me as he hugged me, holding me up with ease. Willa smiled as Wyatt looked into my eyes.

"You were hiding from us," Willa realized.

"I needed to be normal to fit in," I reasoned. "Slap a wig on. What could go wrong?"

"He found it!" Addison exclaimed, making me turn to the couple.

"I took it," Zed admitted after a moment. "I stole it when you weren't looking."

"I thought I lost it," Addison breathed.

I walked up to the girl, knowing she was heartbroken. "I questioned myself."

"Addison, I'm sorry," Zed blurted. "I was afraid that if you turned into a wolf, I'd lose you."

"You don't get to make that choice for me!" Addison snapped.

"But a werewolf?" Zed questioned.

"(Y/n) and I finally found where we belong, and you try to steal that from us?" Addison was in tears. "Why would I ever go to the Prawn with you after what you did?"

Addison stepped away. It took her a second to put it on. She turned; Nothing. "Am I?"

Bree and I looked at her. "You're beautiful, Addi. But the same beautiful that you've always been," Bree admitted.

"She's not a werewolf." There was definitely a lump in Wyatt's throat from the break.

"Isn't she a werewolf, though?" Wynter asked, pointing at me.

"No," Zed scoffed. "She's never been a werewolf. She's been human all this time."

"I'm a lot of things, Zed," I reasoned. "But I'm not human. I'm an abomination." Addison gave me the necklace. "But there's one part of me I'm proud of."

I felt the energy rush through me as I put it on. My ears became pointed, my arms scattered with tattoos, and my fangs appeared as my eyes glowed. Zed looked at me in disbelief. "I'm a werewolf. Proud one, in fact." Wyatt took my hand. "And you're not taking that away from me."

"Oh my gosh! Boss, boss! We got a problem!" a worker exclaimed.

"What?" Zed's dad asked.

"The remote shorted out, and now the detonation timer's running," the worker explained.

"Well, shut it off!" Zevon exclaimed.

"I can't!" the worker replied.

"No, no!"

We ran to get to Seabrook Power. By the time we got there, the building exploded and collapsed. Wyatt was the first to break. I hugged him tightly as the pack coughed. We only had a few days to live now.