Chapter 2- Zombietown

I always respected Zombietown. They had an amazing community. They acted as one, the people got to be themselves. As we drove through the gated community, I realized no one was out playing. Right about now, I would be kicking a ball around the woods.

Addison, Bree, and I got out of the car. I admired the shimmering lights. It all looked so welcoming. I would definitely live there if I got the chance. A whole community where the whole point was to celebrate their differences from the average human. It sounded like a dream.

"Wow. Zombietown," Addison stated in amazement.

"Zoey! Dinner!" a man called from inside one of the houses.

Addison smiled. "Wow."

"Every year for cheer initiation, we like to remind zombies that we don't accept freaks in this town." Bucky handed Addison a carton of eggs. "Egg that zombie house, and you're both officially one of us."

"Oh," Addison realized. "What? No, we can't do that."

"You look lost."

Bucky screamed and drove away.

I rolled my eyes. "Sorry, ma'am. They have huge egos. Here." I handed her the eggs. "You would use these for a greater use than we would."

She smiled and left, bringing them inside a house.

"How were you so... calm?" Addison asked.

"I told you, Addi. My life's been full of monsters," I admitted.

"Monsters?" Bree squeaked.

I sighed. Addison nodded. "Come on. We're going to Addison's."

We managed to get to Addison's house after a long walk. Bree sat in a soft seat near Addison's desk. I sat on the small chest at the end of Addison's bed, while Addison sat on her bed.

"What's going on?" Bree asked.

"I know you're going to freak out. I want you to promise me you will not scream," I said.

"I promise," she assured me.

I slowly took off my wig and undid the French braid I did to keep my hair up. Bree covered her mouth in shock. The green streak fell in front of my face, making her eyes widen.

"Z-Z-Z-"

"I know. You don't need to tell me," I hissed.

"From who?" Bree whimpered.

"My dad," I admitted. "He got turned and had me before he died."

"I'm so sorry," Bree said.

"But we have to keep it a secret. Her whole life could be at stake," Addison reasoned.

"Yeah. The government, or at least the state, will want to run tests on me since I don't have to have a Z-Band. And everyone will think I'm a monster," I explained.

"We'll keep it a secret. After all, we're in this together," Bree assured me.

"And we're going to be with each other until the end."