Chapter 1- Cheer

I waited for Addison at the top of the stairs. She walked up with Bucky.

"There's my best friend." Addison and I grinned as we hugged each other.

"Cheer tryouts today after school, everybody. Let's go, Mighty Shrimp!" Bucky cheered.

"Go, Bottom Feeders!" Bree exclaimed, joining my side. "Wait, you know, 'cause shrimp, they eat the—The waste of the ocean at the-at the bottom. No? Woo! Go, Seabrook!" Bree turned to us. "Hi! I'm Bree, and I've always dreamed of being on the Cheer Squad. 'Cause I really wanna be a flier, tossed high in the sky."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Addison, and this is (Y/n). We love cheer too. Did you know the creator of the wave-"

"Was from Seabrook?" the two said in unison.

"Yes!" Bree exclaimed. "That's what is so amazing. I cannot wait to try out for the cheer squad."

~~~

Bucky blew the whistle, getting our attention. "Okay! Let's go. Line up! Welcome to cheerleading tryouts. It's nice to see so many... wannabes. I mean, we'd want to be us too if we weren't already on the Cheer Squad."

Bucky laughed, and we laughed with him. I didn't see the reason. Bucky stopped, making us put our serious faces back on. "You need to bring it. Okay? Like... My assistant captains. First up, we have Stacey! Lacey! And Tracey! The Aceys!" He cut off our cheering. "Today's tryouts are going to be easy. The hardest thing you'll have to do is a back handspring funky chicken round off mashed potato split with a robot down, powered finish."

Addison and I smiled at each other. We knew we were made for this. "Afraid? Yes, Addison."

"Captain Bucky, was that funky chicken Cajun or shake and bake?" Addison asked.

"Well, I've never heard of Cajun. So spice it up," Bucky answered.

"We got this," Addison assured Bree and me.

"The Mighty Shrimp don't think small. Cheer until it hurts."

Listen up, it's not so tough

I'll tell you how it's done

There's really nothing better

Than to hear you're number one

And I know how to get a crowd

Right up and on their feet

So if you want them in it

I'll show you how to get it

Ain't no mountain we can't climb

Nothing keeps us down

Got that fire in our soul

Never count us out

We got one thing on our minds

Call it victory

Yeah, that's where we're headed

And we know how to get it

We were made for this

There's nothing we can't do

We came to play

We're here to stay and win the day

'Cause we were made for this

Didn't come here to lose

We came to play, we're here to stay