Chapter 19- Welcome

"Great idea separating the aliens, Principal Lee."

"Not my first time dealing with spacey teens," Principal Lee remarked, fist-bumping the chief.

"They're probably here to clone me to create an unstoppable cheer force," Bucky guessed. "I mean, who wouldn't want more me?"

"Far from it," I snapped. "And no one."

"Well, they're uninvited and have to leave," Mayor Missy decided.

"But we invited everyone to our Cheer Off to compete for the Seabrook Cup," Addison argued.

"Um, you can't just give away my bling," Bucky snapped.

"We don't intend to lose," I replied.

"And I always believe cheer could bring people together," Addison reasoned. "Maybe even worlds together."

"Or tear our worlds apart," Bucky remarked. "Mark my words. These aliens are here to take what's ours."

Bucky jumped back. A-lan stood behind him. I grabbed his arm and dragged him out.

"Where are we going again?" A-lan asked.

I threw him into an interrogation room and locked it. "You're not going anywhere until you tell me why you're here."

"For the Cheer-"

"Don't lie to me," I cut him off calmly.

"Why would I lie to you... fellow alien?" A-lan looked at me in confusion.

"There's something in my blood that you can see, isn't there?" I sat down across from him, examining.

"Yes." A-lan nodded. "There are a lot of... species in your blood."

I smiled sarcastically. "I like to call it an abomination. My dad was the pureblood. My mom was the one who mixed it all in together."

"Well, I like to look at it as a work of art. Chaos, but harmony, mixed into one beautiful masterpiece." A-lan smiled.

The chief knocked on the door. "Come out."

"I assume you have a lens?" A-lan asked.

He showed me his. "A lens. Alien technology. I sense it in your necklace. Along with seashell, moonstone? And alien technology. I also sense a mysterious rock."

"We have many advancements to share with your primitive people," A-li said as we caught up to her. "We even created a digestible bacterial fermentation of lactose at sub-zero stasis."

"Whoa," Wynter said in amazement.

Wyatt wrapped an arm around me, smiling. "Froyo? Yeah, we got that too."

"Impressive," A-li commented.

"If you're here to invade Seabrook, our pack won't go down without a fight," Willa threatened.

"We do not want your one-star planet," A-li snapped. "They are so emotional."

"Yes. But when in Seabrook, I'm going to disengage our emotional suppressors," A-Spen decided. "Personally, I am excited to see what emotions feel like." A-Spen raised their hand, and a flash surrounded the aliens. "Excited! That's an emotion. It feels so exciting."

"We've decided to let you stay until after the cheer competition, but not a day later," Mayor Missy explained.

"Thank you, Mayor. We are honored to join your cheer competition," A-Spen replied.

"What is cheer?" A-li asked.

"Oh, don't worry. I'll show you later," Addison assured her.

"Also, what is competition?" A-lan asked.

"When you challenge others to prove you're the best," I explained.

"No. We are a harmonious people," A-lan corrected her. "We do not compete amongst ourselves. Although, that is an intriguing concept. Is it not?"

"Hi, I'm Zed. Zombie. Football star. Generally well-liked," Zed introduced himself.

"Well, I am A-lan. Extraterrestrial," A-lan replied.

"Hey. The haters say I'm a little extra, too." Zed stuck out his hand.

"Ooh, competition." A-lan rubbed his hands together.

"No, it's just a handshake-"

Zed was shocked for a second. I blasted A-lan back with a moonstone wave. I stood in front of Zed, growling. "Do that again and I'm kicking you back into the milky way."

"Apologies. Our people have a special stardust spark," A-Spen explained.

"That some lesser species may find painful," A-li added.

Willa growled. "Welcome to Seabrook."