Chapter 8

(This chapter contains mentions of death)

Nebula's POV
(First POV of this book-)

I opened my eyes to see a screen, it said 'Test 2: Just a Game! will begin shortly'.

And the second i blink, the screen dissapeared. I was in a really dark room. And i mean really dark room. I couldn't even see anything. Until, i saw a bright light. I also noticed a person standing there. It was Ally.

"Ally?"

"Please don't call me that."

I was very confused.

"What?"

"Don't act dumb. I know what happened with Emma."

"But, i already told you that.. and you said you didn't want to talk about it."

She sighed.

"Why would you do that?!"

"Do what?!"

"ARE YOU STUPID?! YOU KILLED HER!"

"I DIDN'T!"

"YOU WERE THE ONE WHO ARGEED TO GO THROUGH THAT ALLEYWAY! IF YOU DIDN'T, SHE WOULD STILL BE HERE!"

"SHE TOLD ME IT WAS SAFE! I DIDN'T KNOW THIS WOULD HAPPEN!"

"BECAUSE OF YOU, ROSELLE AND MASON ARE MISSING! BECAUSE OF YOU, EMMA IS DEAD! IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU!"

"I- It wasn't..!"

I didn't even notice that tears were starting to flow.

"OF COURSE IT WAS!" She yelled. "I WISH THAT YPU COULD'VE DIED INSTEAD OF HER!"

That was my breaking point. I backed up to what felt like the corner of the room and cried. Ally was still yelling at me, telling me it was all my fault. Deep down, i sort of knew it wasn't real, considering it's called 'Just a Game'. But, still. I was still afraid that she never forgave me.

After a few minutes, she dissapeared and the room was filled with purple portals. And a tall figure appeared.

"I can help you." It said.

I remembered why it looked so familiar. It was TIO. I didn't know much about him, but all i know was that he likes to make deals. And he was a manipulative person.

"I- I'm not s- stupid.."

I tried stopping myself from crying.

"Why not? I can help bring back your friends."

"Th- That's impossible. Emma's dead."

"What about Mason, your friend's brother, or Elle? I know where they are." He stated. "So, what do you say?"

"I'm not accepting your deal."

"Is that so?"

"Yes, it is."

"Well then."

I blinked and saw a screen, this time it said something different. It said '2/3 Tests completed. Take off your headset to continue to the test'.

I felt something like a VR headset and took it off. I was in a white room, and that's it.

"Please wait for the remaining contestants! 9/15 contestants have completed Test 2!" It was the voice, again.

I wiped off the tears on my face until i heard someone on the othrr side of the door.

"Hello?"

"Who is this?" I replied.

"It's me, Ally."

I was shocked.

"Ally?! How did you know i was here? And, how did you get here?"

"First off, there is a camera in every room. Whoever is behind this is filming all of you. And secondly, i found this place from Boringsworth's lab. I think i flipped a switch that opened the exit to this place."

I looked around and saw a camera in the corner of my room.

"15/15 contestants have finished! Please proceed to the room on the far left!" The voice annouced.

Word Count: 556 Words.