Chapter 1: Sick at First Sight

~'0'~

Naruto shuffled down the street of the Hidden Leaf. He felt like utter and complete garbage. Not the disgusting, smelly, gunk, though. No no, not that kind of garbage. Just the kind that you'd toss out when it's outweighed its usefulness. He didn't want to stay still, he denied his sickness. He felt so cold, so clammy. His arms ached, his back ached, his neck ached, well, everything had this kind of dull, achy feeling he didn't feel like addressing.

He stared at his feet as he trotted along, hands shoved into his pockets. He was wearing his ninja uniform shirt, but had changed into different, thicker pants. He didn't want to be weak, and give into the freezing feeling all over his body. He refused to wear anything more than his shirt and pants, even leaving his ninja headband behind in his room. He looked up for a moment, to make sure he didn't run into a pole or something during his aimless walking, and noticed the sign to a small café in town. He had never really paid attention to it before, but he saw a sign in the window:

"Get your hot, custom, cooked-to-order Ramen Bowls! Limited time!"

Naruto stared once more, this time at the sign. He felt his gut gargle, as if on cue. He agreed with his stomach that perhaps a few bowls of ramen would help him feel better. Since Ichiraku Ramen was closed at this hour, he didn't want to trouble the old man now. He slowly lumbered into the surprisingly decent sized café, and scanned the room for an empty table. He noticed it was actually pretty busy, there were tables lining the outer walls of the place, and a giant bar in the shape of rectangle in the middle. He slumped into a seat at the bar, a good distance from anyone else. He took a fleeting look across the bar, and saw none other than the survivor of the Uchiha clan massacre sitting on the opposite side of the bar.

Naruto's breath got caught in his throat. What was he doing here? It's so late, why would he be in a random café? They were a good 9 or 10 feet away from each other, Naruto couldn't really tell. He wasn't feeling 100%. Sasuke would seem him at his lowest. He felt his stomach sink.

Sasuke seemed to be too busy dealing with the few girls around him to notice Naruto at first. Sasuke looked annoyed as he drank his cup. Among the girls were Sakura and Ino, and a couple others that Naruto didn't know the names of.

Sasuke had taken notice of Naruto, unbeknownst to Naruto, who was still taking in the girls around him. Finally, Naruto's gaze fell back on Sasuke.

Naruto felt his chest tighten. Sasuke saw him staring at the girls next to him. Naruto no longer could hear their giggling and ogling, he could only hear his heart beat in his head. Sasuke remained unchanged, refusing to lose eye contact. They didn't move. Naruto felt trapped. What does he do? He felt minutes go by. Sasuke has him in a finger hold.. well, "eye"- hold. How will he escape-?

"Hey there! What can I get ya?"

Naruto frighteningly turned his attention to the woman at the bar. How did she approach him without him noticing? Was this random wave of sickness getting worse? He had never seen her before. She had a small notebook in hand, waiting for Naruto's answer. He breathed a sigh of relief, and told her his order.

"Err.. a bowl of ramen. Miso with extra chasu, or pork if you have it," He choked out. His throat was so dry, it felt like sandpaper gliding down his throat over and over.

While she wrote his words down, Sasuke watched. He had been tuning out these girls around him. Naruto looked like shit. He had dark circles under his eyes, and he seemed worn out, or tired. The hell did he do to himself? Sasuke took another sip of his drink, and observed.

"Great. And did you want anything to drink?" The bartender asked, as she slightly turned her head to the side. Naruto could see that she was trying to be friendly. He was thankful that she disregarded his appearance, how unkept he looked, and spoke to him so kindly.

"Yeah, actually, I'll just get some water. Thank you," He replied, and smiled.

She nodded and walked back to her station to get his drink, and handed her paper to passing waiter.

Naruto took his attention from her back to Sasuke, who had been staring this entire time.

Naruto now felt very uncomfortable. But for some reason, he didn't break eye contact. He attempted to become less nervous, and placed his arms in the table. He placed an elbow up and started gently scratching his bottom lip. In doing so, he slightly turned his head, so that he'd have to look to his right to see Sasuke. He did this in order to give his hands something to do, since this endless observational battle between Sasuke and him caused his stomach to turn.

The woman from before had now returned, with a cup of iced water. She smiled, and placed it on a coaster in front of Naruto. She then walked away to talk to another customer. Naruto stared at his water. He had forgotten to ask for no ice, since he already felt like he was in a deep freezer. He took a deep sigh, picked it up, and drank. He felt a shudder run down his spine.

He put down his water, and looked up at Sasuke once again. Sasuke was no longer looking at Naruto, he was instead talking to one of the girls next him. His face looked emotionless.

Naruto's heart fell. He didn't know why this gloomed him. There was no reason to care if Sasuke was looking at him or not. There was especially no reason to feel as if his heart panged when watching him talk to this random village girl. He sighed and averted his eyes to his water. He watched as the condensation caused the droplets on the outside of the glass to fall.

Sasuke had finished his reply to this girl, and looked back to Naruto. Naruto was now looking at his drink, visibly defeated. Suddenly, Sasuke felt a strange knot in his chest. 

Confused by the strange feeling he had, the Uchiha studied Naruto as he continued to scrape his lower lip with his thumb. Sasuke felt as if he was becoming hypnotized, his eyes following Naruto's thumb as it moved side to side.

Naruto's entire hand moved now, and Sasuke watched as it opened to glide across the side of Naruto's head, scratching the back of his head and neck. Naruto's eyes closed for a moment, and Sasuke felt himself gulp roughly. Then Naruto's eyes opened, and were fixed on him immediately. The blue in his eyes so obvious, so vast.

Sasuke's eyes widened as he felt his ears fume, then averted his gaze quickly. He stared at the table and forced himself to listen to the women around him, in an effort to distract himself. He said random words in response to whatever they were saying. He didn't care. He felt embarrassed, he was caught staring. He shouldn't have cocked his head to the side like that, it was so obvious. Sasuke slowly looked back at Naruto, who was still looking at him.

Sasuke stared at him again. Naruto knew it wasn't just nothing. He suddenly had an idea.

End of Chapter 1.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello there:) i am sugarski!!

This is my first wattpad story. I have a lot of ideas for this story, so be prepared for a wild ride!

the only original thing about this story is the plot, all rights reversed to the creator of Naruto !

I feel honored to have you read my silly little tale, sit back, read, and enjoy!!

total of 1328 words ;)

<3 sugarski

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~