Chapter 13: Free Spa Treatment

~'0'~
The night started the same as the night before. Naruto's body was ice cold, and he shivered with every breath. Sasuke had dressed Naruto in his own clothes he was previously wearing, since for some reason, it helped. He did, however, feel guilty for having Naruto wear somewhat dirty clothes. Then, Sasuke had an idea.
"Does your bathroom have a tub?" Sasuke asked. Naruto took a moment to reply, due to his trembling nature. Sasuke waited patiently.
"N-no.. there's a c-..communal one.... down the h-h-hall..." Naruto nodded his head to the side, showing Sasuke the general direction of the joint bathroom with a tub. Most smaller rooms only had showers, no tubs. Naruto couldn't afford anything more than this.
Sasuke then picked Naruto up, bridal style, and walked toward the door.
"What are y-you doing??" Naruto stammered.
"We're going to use the bath. Just me and you, this time." Sasuke replied, plainly. He walked out of Naruto's apartment and headed down the hall to the joint bathroom. Luckily, it was not being used.
The joint bathroom was about the size of a normal sized bedroom. It had a decent sized tub/shower with a curtain, and a sink and toilet. There was also a small counter top between the toilet and the tub. He went inside and sat Naruto down onto the counter, and then started the tub with hot water. The bathroom quickly became steamy and warm as Sasuke locked the door.
As the tub filled, both boys stared at the water. Sasuke wasn't thinking ahead this far. He forgot about the fact that now, he'd have to help bathe Naruto, while completely naked. Sasuke's ears burned, as Naruto sat in a daze.
Naruto then slowly began taking off the shirt he was wearing. As he tossed the shirt to the floor, he looked to Sasuke, who was staring at him through the corner of his eye. He then glanced down at his pants, and unbuttoned them. Sasuke's eyes widened as Naruto did this, and he quickly averted his gaze. Naruto did his best to keep his composure, slyly undressing, trying to remain somewhat attractive in his sickened state. However, the illness he was under overcame him. He began shaking again, his eyelids fluttering in panic.
Sasuke wasted no time, and he immediately held Naruto up. The shaking seemed to be worsening, so Sasuke knew he needed to get Naruto to the bath. He held onto Naruto's body and undressed him. He made sure to remain respectful, and despite his craving to see Naruto's full body, he remained focused on his health. He purposely blurred his own vision slightly, with a technique he had taught himself, as he helped Naruto step into the tub. When Naruto had fully entered the bath, Sasuke gave himself his full sight back.
The two didn't exchange any words. Neither of them felt like they needed to. Naruto sat comfortably in the bath, with a few shivers persisting to flare up. Sasuke sat on the end on the tub, with his feet in the water. He didn't care that the ends of his pants were soaked, he was more focused on Naruto. He took a small cup and had began a cycle of filling it up with the tub water and pouring it on Naruto's exposed body.
This continued for several minutes. Naruto's shivers became more manageable, and Sasuke was content just being helpful. Then, Naruto suddenly moved himself to a position in where he was sat between Sasuke's legs. His head was at Sauske's lap level, and he extended his legs to where he'd be able to fully rest against the side of the tub, being the exact place that Sasuke was sitting on. Sasuke paused for a moment, allowing Naruto to get comfortable. Then, he went back to cycling the water to pour onto Naruto's upper body. Occasionally, the water would splash onto Sasuke's knees or thighs, but he never cared. He was somehow enjoying himself.
It was obvious that Naruto shared that thought, since he then moved his head and titled it back. The back of his head now rested on Sasuke's lap, and he was looking up at him. Their eyes locked, for what seemed like eternity. Naruto closed his eyes, and hummed, as if to ask Sasuke to continue. Sasuke obliged, without breaking his eye contact with Naurto's face. He then began pouring the water onto Naruto's neck and shoulders, and let his free hand wonder on Naruto's face and hair. He'd rub Naruto's chin, and softly scratch his hair, meanwhile his other hand poured warm water on his neck. Naruto sighed.
"My own spa day...I feel like I'm getting a free massage or something," He said, softly.
"This isn't free. I'm expecting payment after I'm done." Naruto's eyes flew open.
"What?? What the fuck!" He exclaimed. Sasuke smiled.
"It was just a joke. Relax."
Naruto's face tilted to the side as his eyes widened.
"Holy shit."
"What?" Sasuke asked.
"You made.. a joke..?" Naruto half-whispered. Sasuke rolled his eyes.
"I'm not incapable of making jokes," He replied.
"Yeah, but according to Kiba, we can't take one either, huh?" Naruto chuckled, but slowly, his smile faded. They sat in silence as Naruto's eyes fixed on the ends of Sasuke's hair.
"Kiba had no right to say and do what he did," Sasuke stated. Naruto sighed.
"I know."
Naruto and Sasuke kept their cycle going, but the water started growing cold, and they had to end the 'free massage' eventually. Naruto exited the bath, with a temporary feeling of warmth, and wrapped himself in a towel. They both left the joint bathroom and went back to Naruto's apartment.
They were surprised to find someone waiting for them. Someone was knocking on Naruto's door, and then turned to see the boys walking back. It was Shikamaru, and when he spotted them, he headed their way.
"Naruto, Sasuke, hey," He said. Sasuke nodded back as Naruto stepped closer to him, for comfort.
"Listen, guys, I just... I wanted to say I'm sorry," He spoke. Naruto looked visibly confused.
"Sorry? For what, exactly?" He questioned. Shikamaru scratched the back of his neck.
"For not doing anything about Kiba today. At the hot springs. He was being a total drag. And what he said about you guys."
Sasuke and Naruto froze, once again.
"What do you mean?" Sasuke asked. For some reason, it didn't sound like a question, but rather, a warning.
"By you guys being close. Whatever you both are doing, it's no one else's business. And next time, I'll make sure anyone else who tries to mess with you guys, understands that too," Shikamaru explained. Naruto blushed.
"Ah, no, Shikamaru. It's not what you think, see, I'm sick, and Sasuke was—"
"Sure sure, yeah yeah, whatever you say. Has nothing to do with me," Shikamaru interrupted. "Just be less obvious about it, yeah?"
Shikamaru turned around and made his exit, while waving goodbye.
Naruto and Sasuke were left, completely confused, and soaking wet.

What did Shikamaru mean?

End of Chapter 13.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
woooowwwwww what a wholesome little activity ^^
sorry for such slow updates, i have been very busy getting my new kitten !
anyway, hope you enjoyed :)
total of 1200 words for you lovely shippers lalalala
see you all next chapter!
<3 sugarski
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~