Chapter 7: Babysitter

~'0'~

THUD THUD THUD.

Naruto was awoken, startled, by the loud pounding on his front door. He looked around, and found Sasuke at his side, somehow still asleep. They were in a spooning position, their legs wrapped around each other and Sasuke's arm around his stomach. Naruto was completely smothered in Sasuke's blanket, he felt so cozy. Naruto didn't want to answer the door. Maybe whoever it is will think Naruto isn't home.

"Naruto! You lazy bum, get out here! I know you're in there!" The voice howled. Naruto knew that voice. A certain pink haired shinobi had decided to beat at his door like her life depended on it. Naruto groaned, slowly making his way out of Sasuke's grasp. He kept hold of the blanket around him and shuffled to the door. He opened it, slowly.

"There you are, dumbass. Where have you been? It's already 10am! You were supposed to be getting ready for our mission with Kakashi sensei!" She yelled. Naruto blinked repeatedly.

"Sakura, I'm not feeling good, alright? Can you tell Kakashi that I'm sorry for not coming?" He stated, his throat dry and grating. Sakura gasped.

"What do you mean you're 'not feeling good'?? I don't think so, mister! Sasuke is MIA and we need the numbers! Now get your ass out here!" She demanded. Naruto began shivering again. It seemed that no one was aware that Sasuke and Naruto were together. Sakura didn't even know that Sasuke was here, laying just a few feet away from them both of them.

"Just go find Sasuke. If you love the guy so much why don't you know where he's at?" Naruto spat. Sakura pouted.

"Sasuke is a grown man! He can do whatever he wants. But YOU need to hurry and get ready!" Sakura started going on and on about how lazy Naruto was, how annoying it was to come all the way there to get him, how Sasuke would never pull this 'stunt'. Naruto stared, emotionless. He wanted to crawl back into bed and stay there forever.

As Sakura ranted, Naruto felt a pressure on his back. He then felt two arms wrap around his waist, and come together at his stomach. He looked down, and knew they were Sasuke's hands. In the folds of the blanket, Sasuke had slowly and sneakily made his way under the covers, and placed his body behind Naruto; he was barely out of sight of Sakura. Their feet softly rubbing together, Naruto couldn't stop a small grin from forming on his face. Sakura scoffed.

"How can you be smiling right now? GOD you are so pathetic! Such a worthless teammate, everyone would probably be better off if you stayed 'sick' forever anyways." She mocked. Naruto rolled his eyes, unfazed from the usual insults. However, these words seemed to annoy Sasuke, as one of his hands reached for the doorknob to close it. Naruto spoke fast.

"Look, I'm gonna get rest, good luck with your mission stuff or whate-" Sasuke slammed the door shut before Naruto could finish. They both heard Sakura whine after the door had close, and her retreating footsteps. Naruto took a deep sigh as Sasuke's hand went back to it's spot on his stomach.

"God, she was such a brat. But you didn't have to slam the door at her." Naruto muttered. Sasuke continued hugging Naruto's back.

"She was annoying." He stated, plainly. Naruto snickered.

"You're such an ass."

"You're an ass." Sasuke replied. Naruto cocked his head to the side.

"How the hell am I an ass if YOU slammed the door on her?"

"Cause I said so." Sasuke spoke. Naruto shook his head.

He now had to properly assess the situation with Sasuke. Both standing by the door, wrapped in a blanket, embracing each other. Naruto didn't feel like asking any questions. No matter how much he wanted to know what this meant, where Sasuke's head at, how he was feeling, he could only take a deep breath.

Naruto closed his eyes, and let his head fall back onto Sasuke's shoulder. Naruto's shivering became less noticeable, but Sasuke sighed.

"We need to go to Tsunade. To figure out what's wrong with you." He stated.

"I know." Naruto whispered. "Can we just stay here for a while longer? I'm still tired." Sasuke nodded, and they both went back to the futon. Sasuke saw a book on the floor, a couple feet away from the futon. It was the book from his house, he remembered it was folded into the blanket. He picked it up and allowed Naruto to weasel his way into a comfortable position. They laid there for a while, Sasuke reading his novel, and Naruto sleeping on his chest. It was peaceful. Occasionally, Sasuke wouldn't even be reading. He'd just stare at Naruto as he slept.

Meanwhile, Naruto felt so safe. Sasuke was portrayed as this strong, mysterious, and emotionally unavailable shinobi. All the girls in the village threw themselves at him, and he wanted nothing to do with them. Naruto felt so lucky. He called for help, and he came. He awoke for a second time, though a bit later, and saw Sasuke reading. He gazed at his face. He was so pale, but there wasn't a single imperfection to be seen. His hair was perfect, his eyes were deep, and dreamy; his body was fit. Naruto let his eyes wonder, to Sasuke's chest, arms, hands, his ears, lips, and so on.

"You're awake." Sasuke stated, never taking his eyes off of his book. Naruto sighed.

"Unfortunately."

"The world doesn't stop moving just because you wish to be lazy, Naruto."

Naruto hung on Sasuke's voice as he said his name. He always pronounced it differently than everyone else. He exaggerated the "to" at the end of his name. Rather than pronounce, "Nah-rue-toe", as most did, Sasuke said; "Nah-rue-touh". Naruto somehow liked that, it was as if Sasuke wished to refer to him in a unique way.

Sasuke side-eyed him.

"Alright, whatever." Naruto sat up. "Let's go pay the old hag a visit. Figure out who cursed me." He huffed. Sasuke rolled his eyes as they both got up. Naruto threw on some pants, and they both left; heading for the Hokage office.

End of Chapter 7.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

greetings! sorry the upload took so long, exams have been killing me TvT

total of 1028 words <3

i hope you're enjoying so far!

thank you for all your support!!

<3 sugar ski

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~