•Chapter Eighteen

You were dressed in your formal outfit, medium heel shoes, Pencil skirt and a woven sweatshirt.
You entered the office premises and were walking in hallways when you heard people mummering something. You decided to go ahead and ask them since you clearly heard your name being taken.

"What's going on?" you placed your arm on your colleague's shoulder as she looked at you, her eyes widened.

"Oh my god! y/n, you are here? And wait a minute - you don't know what happened?" you simply shook your head making her gasp.

"Oh lord! Here, see this! There are rumours of you dating Mr. Kim all over the top newspapers and business sites!!" She handed you her phone.

"Mr. Namjoon Kim is caught dating in a recent business party that took place in Busan.'' That's the headline.

"There are photos going viral from the recent business party that took place in Busan. Mr. Kim Namjoon, a world famous businessman was spotted with this rumoured girlfriend.

The news of him dating is yet to be confirmed but we can surely see something going on with the Single Dad.  They have also been seen hugging each other in the empty entrance area." you read the article and stopped half way.  Don't these people have any real job to do? your mouth twisted at the news.

Sure, you loved namjoon but invading someone's private space is.  You find it annoying when someone tries to interfere in someone's life.

You sighed, giving her phone back to her as you paced towards Namioon's cabin. You knocked on the door and went in after hearing a come in from the other side.

"Namjoon, did you see the news?" you asked as soon as you stepped in.

He turned around, he was wearing a dark grey suit, his hair brushed back clean. He always looked professional.

As he turned around, you saw he was on a call. He nods his head and motions you to sit down.
"Yeah. There isn't really something like that. Yes, sure." he hung up the call after saying so.

"Look, I am so sorry for what happened y/n. We came back from Busan and these rumours started circulating. I should've been more careful "  he apologised, making you shake your head in denial.

"No Namjoon, It isn't your fault. It's okay" you mumbled holding his hand in yours. His eyes went to your hand as he tightly closed his eyes.

"y/n-" "namjoon-" you both unanimously spoke,
"You go first," he said, making you nod.

"I want to meet you.. I have to tell you something. Once we get off work, okay?" you asked as he raised a brow, "what?" he asked,

"Let's talk once we get off work" you said, making him sigh and nod.

"Sure, but I need you to go and meet Mrs.Lee, at her company. I will be a bit busy so please guide her about the collaboration. Okay?" he said, making you nod as you stood up and bowed.

Though he was your friend, maybe more than that but you always respected him as your boss.

He smiled lightly, before standing up, he saw you walking towards the door when he abruptly stopped you, "y/n, wait!" he came near you before engulfing you in a hug.

He held you so close as if this was the last time he was gonna hold you. His hug made you smile as you hugged him back,

"Y/n, be safe, okay? You are still so naive, sometimes it makes me worried" he pulled away, his arms still around your waist.

"Now go! Take care, okay?" he said as you stepped back, "Namjoon, is everything alright?" you asked him, furrowing your brows at his unusual behaviour. "Yes. Now go Ms.Min" he strictly spoke making you giggle and leave.