Chapter 9: Crozzo and Preparations

Today's the day we start preparations for next week's expedition, I had woken up early, and dressed myself, awaiting the Loki Familia's archer, in front of Hephaestus' Shop. It didn't take long until, I was greeted by a beautiful Elf with gold hair, and hazel eyes, I already knew her identity, Level 4, Alicia Forestlight, Elleaf.

 It didn't take long until, I was greeted by a beautiful Elf with gold hair, and hazel eyes, I already knew her identity, Level 4, Alicia Forestlight, Elleaf

"Umm, my captain asked me to meet with you, he said something about upgrading my quiver." She said.

"Ah, yes, pleasure to meet you, I'm Bell Cranel, Captain of the Hestia Familia. My Familia will be joining yours on the expedition, and wanted to help with preparations, that includes assisting those participating, with some improvements." I said, explaining our meet up.

"Oh, I see, I'm Alicia Forestlight, pleasure doing business with you, Mr. Cranel." She greeted, to which I simply nodded.

"But before we begin, I must ask, how far are you willing to go for your Familia?" I said, awaiting her response.

"If it's for the sake of my Familia, then anything." She responded.

"Even if that means wielding a magic weapon?" I questioned.

"What?!" She exclaimed, as her eyes widened, and brows furrowed in anger at my question, which was to be expected, as Elves possessed overwhelming disgust towards magic swords, especially Crozzo Magic Sword, which were used by Raika to decimate their land.

"If the situation was life or death, and the only way to save the ones you love, was to wield a magic sword, would you do it? What would you put first, your Elven pride, or the lives of your fellow Familia members?" I asked again, clarifying my question.

"I-I..." She stuttered, not knowing how to respond, causing me to sigh.

"We will enter territory that has never been explored since the Zeus and Hera Familia was around, and the monster we will be facing will be extremely powerful. I want to know, if everyone will be safe in your hands, will you throw your pride to the side to save a life, or hold on to it, and allow someone to die." I said, placing the cards on the table, showing my hand.

She bit her lip in frustration, knowing what I said was true, she lowered her head, and began questioning herself. This went on for a few minutes, until she decided her answer. Raising her head, I could see her resolve burning in her eyes. "Yes, I'll do whatever it takes." Alicia responded, allowing a smile to form on my face.

"Good, now let's upgrade your quiver." I said, as I lead her inside.

We made our way to the counter, where we met with Tsubaki, a Half-Dwarf.