Due to the Blues of Night.

Some days I don't even want to get out of bed. I can feel the sleepiness in my chest and a mellow ache from my head.

Most days remind me of the color yellow and maybe the sweet sound of an instrumental cello but on those days where blue fades to black and grey, my body feels every single ounce of pain experienced over my wearied days.

Standing, stuck in place as time ticks, picking my brain. Throughout those days.. I'm sort of in a daze.

I'm there but not really.

I feel but not sincerely.

Kind of moving with a cold stare and experiencing emotions too hard to bare.

I don't fix up my hair or put on clothes all dressy and made up for show. I skip the makeup step and almost trip from the blinding glow my skin still somehow shows.

I'm not sure what this is.. I don't think it's anything that can be diagnosed.

Just the consequence of a late night of sadness and feelings of unconsciousness.

My tears a rhythm of pure blues, faded to black and grey, cried silently but oh so loud to the aching red organ within me.

Id cover my trembling mouth and shut my swollen eyes so nobody else can hear the pain from those tears I'd cry for years due to that broken record of the melodic organ.. it's not exactly of a pleasure and I wish on these days.. I can give the excuse of being under the weather so I can peacefully lay, under my cover.

Oh what a mess my head has made.. too bad it's not a bed I can stay laid.

- Donna