1. Good to be back

Part 1

This takes place 4 years after Ellie resigned from NCIS to go on missions with/for Odette. Gibbs team consists: Gibbs, Mcgee and Nick. Gibbs has returned too NCIS since a month, because he heard Jack was returning. Even though it has been 4 years his feelings are still there. He hopes that she still feels the same way too.

Today is Jacks first day back, she is nervous to see Gibbs again, but she is glad to be back.

Jack's pov. Time: 7:00

While standing in the elevator, the only thing I can think of is: what do I tell Gibbs. Will he look different? Does he still feel the same way? At least I do, but I'm way to scared to admit that to him. Then the doors open en I see the squadroom. There's nobody there, not Gibbs, not Mcgee and not Nick. I don't know if thats a good thing or not.

I go upstairs and knock on the door of Leons office. He opens it fast and welkoms me inside. 'It's been a long time.' Leon says. 'It has, but the moment I walked in here, it felt like I've never left.' I say. Leon smiles and says 'Well, we're glad to have you back. Your office is already installed, you know were to find it.' We had a quick chat and I was heading to leave. 'Before I go, 'I say 'Where is Gibbs and the team?' 'They're at a crime scene.' Leon says. After that I leave his office and through the squadroom before I head off to my office. All the memories come back, luckily there all warm and happy. I open the door to my office. I see the cheetah dusted orange wall, even though I'm not a fan of the colour, I laugh, because it reminds me of darting with Ellie. After a quick look, I notice that the holes from de darts are still in the the wall.

I put my stuff on my desk and hang my coat on the chair. I hear a knock on the door. 'Come in!' I say, then I turn around and see Gibbs is standing right in front of me. He gives me a coffee and says 'Welkom back'. Then he gives me a kiss on the cheek. I try not to blush. I turn around and grap a lollypop out of my bag and give it to him. 'Glad to be back, cowboy!' I say. 'I've gotta go back to work.' he says and leaves.

Gibbs pov. Time: 9:13

'What do you got!' I say as walk in the squadroom. Mcgee and Torres both jump up are telling something about a dead naval officer from Portland. I hear half of it, because the only thing I can think off is Jack. Her eyes, her smile, her voice. She even looked more beautiful than last time. 'Boss!' I hear Mcgee calling, it's then that I realized they were done talking and waiting for instructions. 'Mcgee, talk to the family. Torres, go check if Kasie and Palmer have found something.' I quickly yell, hoping it matched the information they just gave me. In a second they went to do there work so I guessed it did. So I take the lollypop Jack gave me, out of my pocket, take off the plastic and put it in my mouth.

Mcgee's pov. On his way to the family

(Thinking) I hope Gibbs is okay. He seems a bit off. I think it's because of Jack. No, don't think it's because of Jack, I know it's because of Jack. Stop thinking about Gibbs, Mcgee! You need to start thinking about the case. Alright, what was it about? Ohh wait, I remember: petty officer Ronald Hayes from Portland, found dead in a lake, that was close to the navy base he was stationed at. It looked like he drove in the lake with his car, but Jimmy said that he didn't know for sure if it was the cause of death. He has a wife named Cary, but no kids.

'You have reached your destination' the lady of the navigation system says. I'm standing infront of the house of petty officer Hayes. I get out of the car and knock on the door. It gets opened very quickly, but is also kept as close as possible. I aks: 'Cary Hayes?' 'Who's asking?' :the woman at the door says. 'Special agent Mcgee, I'm here to ..' But before I could finish my sentence, the woman grabs me and pulls me inside.