10. Truthfull explanation

Part 10

Leon's POV

I send an email to Gibbs and his team and not five minutes later, Gibbs enters my office. 'I don't want this person in my team!' 'You're the only team that is missing an agent since Knight moved to LA. You don't have a choice.' Gibbs knows he can't win this fight and leaves, slamming the door. I sight, hoping that everything will be okay, otherwise I have a big problem with secnav.

Gibbs POV

How can Leon do this to me. Putting some person on my team, without knowing this person. I walk to Jack's office, to find it empty. I check my watch and find myself having lost track of time. Jack is probably waking up around now. She'll be here in an hour or two. I don't know what to do, I can't get my head straight. I open the door of her office and go in. I leave the door almost closed and lay down at her couch, slowly falling asleep.

Jack's POV

Since my guest room is a mess, Ellie slept with me in my bed. We had putted on a movie last night, because we were to tired to talk or do anything else. Ellie layed with her head on my lap for a while. After I got us some drinks, she sat next to me and I laid my head on her shoulder. She put her arm around me, softly stroking me. It felt safe. At the end of the movie we got to bed. Now that I'm waking up in an empty bed, it all seems like a dream.

But when I walked into the living room, I see El sitting on the couch with a serious look at her phone. Something is wrong with her, but I can't put my finger on it. I take step towards her, but the floor creaks. Ellie draws her gun towards me and I get taken by surprise. When she realises, that it's me she is pointing the gun at, her face shocks in horror as she puts the gun away. 'Sssss...sss.. so..sorr.. sorry' she stammers and looks down. 'It's alright' I reply softly and take a seat next to her. She turns away, but I take her in my arms and turn her around. 'There is nothing that you can do, that makes me not want to look at you anymore and I mean that with all my heart' Ellie hears this and sheds into tears. I start crying too. So we hug each other for fifteen minutes straight. 'Do you want to tell me, what's going on?' I try on which Ellie replies with a nod. This comforts me, knowing that she knows that she can talk to me about anything.

Ellie's POV

Why does Jack know me so well. I can't explain myself, because I can't explain why I would ever point a gun at her. But because I did, I think I owe her an explanation. 'As I told you yesterday, my mission ended two weeks ago. Odette told me to stay away from the place that I call 'home' for a while, but then I saw Tim going inside Cary's house. The house, which I knew from my undercover work, that is under surveillance by several gangs. I guessed that if one of those gangs saw a cop going in, they'd definitely blow up the house. I was desperate. I wanted to help Tim, but also wanted to be able to return to you and the rest off course. So I drove around the block, knowing that I had some extra clothes in my car. In an instant I put those on, covering myself up as much as possible. To make sure that Tim didn't shout my name, I put a voice editor in front of my mouth. I hoped that it would stay at this one time helping, so I messaged director Vance. Calling myself 'Dark Angel'. But before I came to you, I drove by Nick's appartement. I saw some guys with guns going upstairs and knew that there was something wrong. I was afraid of Nick getting hurt and as fast as I could, I put on the suit and killed them all. I drove Nick to the navy yard and I think that he might know who saved him.'

'Take it easy' Jack says so I can breath for a moment. 'When I first saw you yesterday,'Jack goes on,' what did you mean with "I think I messed up".' I take breath and say: 'Well, first of all. Vance wants to know more about the "dark angel" me, so I made up a story that I want to earn his trust. Otherwise, if the agency found out or secnav, then I would be in big trouble and could never get my job back. If I would tell them now who I am, while Odette hasn't cleared out the leaked files, they will arrest me. Second, Nick is already mad at me for leaving and I don't think he'll be happy when he finds out that I'm lying again. And last but not least, Odette contacted me this morning, to let me know that there is a bad guy on the loose looking for me, because his brother was a victim on my last mission.' The moment I finished my sentence, a small red light hits my eye. 'Jack, duck!' I yell as I hear a loud bang outside.