6. A dinner and a rescue

Part 6

Gibbs POV

I arrive at Jack's office and open the door slowly. I take a step inside and see that she's the only one in it. 'Excuse me, I'm looking for a very beautiful lady, with a very beautiful smile, who I will be taking to dinner tonight.' I say. Jack smiles at me says: 'That's a coincidence, I'm waiting for a very good looking guy, with a lovely smile, who's going to take me to dinner tonight.' 'Well, I don't believe in coincidences. Good thing that I do believe in "meant to be" and I think that this was meant to be!' I say. 'Let's go then, cowboy!' she says as she grabs her bag and we walk through the door towards the elevator. We take my car and then go to the dinner.

Nick's POV

Finally, we're home! Cary is creeping me out, she didn't say a word the entire car ride and she had a paranoid aura. She still has it. After I open the door, we walk inside. Cary immediately closes the curtains, as I start ordering pizza, because I know my fridge is empty. Cary still hasn't said a word, so I take a seat on the couch while she had taken a seat in the chair in the corner. I put on the TV and give the remote to Cary, she choses Grey's anatomy. It wouldn't be my choice, but I'll go with it. A quarter has passed by when there's a knock on the door. I walk towards it and through the peephole

I see a delivery guy with pizza in his hands. I open the door and greet the delivery guy. It's then that I see the gun under the pizza boxes! I get pushed inside and I know that there is no way I can save myself and/or protect Cary. So I do what I'm ordered to do, while hoping that he or maybe they will go easier on us. He takes my gun and orders us to sit on the couch. He ties us up and stands in front of us.

'Where is it?!' he yells to Cary. Then I hear a soft pang, then another and again there's one. It sounds like a gunshot, but it's way to soft for that, is it? 'Where is it?!' the guy yells a bit harder now. I hear the pang noise getting harder, that means I should start talking. That way the guy with the gun on us, won't be able to hear it. 'What are you talking about?!' I say.

'You know damn well what I mean!' he says. 'Look man, there are more people who want something from me or her, so tell me what "it" is and then I or she can tell you where to find it!' I say. I here a pang again, but this time it's very close and the man with the gun hears it too. 'That's my neighbor, he's having movie night with his buddy's and they always make a lot of noise.' I say to distract him. 'Which side?!' he asks. 'When you stand in front of the door on the outside, the left side.' I say.

'I'll be wright back, don't even think about moving.' he says calm, but treatening. We nod, he turns around and opens the door. Than there is a 'pang" that's even louder than before. The guy then falls backwards and I see a bullet hole in his forehead. So it was a gun! A black dressed figure walks through the door and says with a weird altered voice 'Your safe now! But we have to leave, before more of those guys arrive! I'm Dark Angel and I want to make it clear to you that I'm your ally, not your enemy.'

She, I think it's a she, unties us and I feel something coming from her that I haven't felt coming from anyone in quite a while. I notice that her gun has a damper on it, so that should explain the softness of the pang's. Cary then suddenly says: 'You were the one that saved me and agent Mcgee this morning!' the black dressed women nods and gives me my gun and a bigger one with a damper on it. We go through the staircase and in her car. It's a nice car.

Nick, focus! We have to be ready for any scenario. After a long drive, with a lot of shooting and crossing the speed limit, we end up at the navy yard. I'm guessing Dark Angel wanted to lose the cars before stopping somewhere, because my appartment isn't that far from the navy yard and I never take the roads we had been on when I go to work. 'You can only tell the director and Mcgee about this!' Dark Angel says after letting us out of the car, then she drives away with the gas pedal pushed to the ground.