9. Break through

Part 9

Gibbs POV

Even though I hate myself for breaking of the dinner with Jack, I can't stop my protective side towards Nick in this case. As I walk into the office, I don't see any members of my team. There is only one person in the building, other than me, who can call them together is times like these. Leon Vance. As soon as I enter his office, I see Nick, Mcgee, Leon and Cary. On the plasma a note from someone who calls herself 'Dark Angel'. 'Could anyone tell me what's going on!' I ask. Mcgee starts and tells me that there is some sort of fully black dressed woman who has been helping them. Nick explains what just had happened to him and Cary. After hearing this and reading the message on the plasma, I look with rage at Leon. 'Why didn't you tell me! How do we know we can trust this person! And above all, how did the gunmen know where Cory was!'

Leon waits until I calm down and says: 'First of all, I don't have to tell you anything. Second, Mcgee and Nick trust this person so I do too. And at you last question I have no answer yet, that's something you're going to find out. Nobody goes home until this case is closed! Understood?!' We all nod and get to work.

Nick's POV

I take Cary aside and ask if she might know what de gunman meant with, 'Where is it' She tells me that the petty officer had a certain USB-Drive with some information about a gang. He had told her that he had been in a gang when he was younger, but got out and that the navy bettered his life. He always said that he had something, that kept them from coming at him. If something ever happened to him, he was sure that they would be behind it.
She confirmed that she heard the name 'The Red Blackjacks' before, but wasn't sure if it were them. The drive was in the house when it exploded so they can't retrieve any information from it.

Cary keeps playing with her ring, so I ask her about it and she tells him that's their wedding ring. She takes it off and gives it to me. He reads the inside out loud and it says, 'It will be in your heart, if death does us part.' Cary smiles slightly. 'The letter "t" was misplaced, but we kept it this way. My eyes go from the ring to her and when I want to look back at the ring, something catches my eye. Cary wears a heart necklace, it some sort of medallion. 'Cary', I say, 'can I see your nekclace' She nods and takes it off while I give her the ring back.When I open it, I crack open the inside and find a small device. I let her see what I found and take it with her permission to Kasie, but not before telling the team.

Leon's POV🔵

*Ding* My phone lights up and I see that I have a message from an unknown number. I open it and it says:

🔴Hey, director Vance
🔵Who is this?
🔴You have to promise me, not to tell anyone.
🔵Why would I do that?
🔴Because two agents and a victims wife owe their life to me
🔵So you're Dark Angel
🔴You figured it out, well done
🔵What is it that you want?
🔴I want to help and earn your trust
🔵Why do you want to earn my trust?
🔴Not just yours, but the agency and other agencies off course.
🔵Alright, but why do you want our trust?
🔴If I tell you, you'll know who I am.
🔵What would be the problem of that?
🔴Because I want you to trust me without knowing who I am.
🔵Alright. If you help agent Gibbs' team the upcomming 2 weeks, and I see only good things, I'll completely trust you. After that, you can come work at NCIS without the black clothes. You don't have to reveal yourself to anyone, exept me and the secretary of the navy if I hire you, so she knows why I hired you and I know too. Are you okay with that?
🔴Yes, but am I free too reveal myself too others, if I want too? How will I know where my help is needed?
🔵You can reveal yourself, but if it gets to the press our agreement doesn't count anymore and the secretary won't let me hire you. Your team will message you on the number.
🔴I won't let you down
🔵I hope so