8. I'm just glad that you're back

Part 8

Ellie's POV

Since the moment that I saw Jack again after years, I can't stop the tears that are streaming down my face. Tears of happiness, because I see her again and also tears of brokenness, because the moment states the fact that I've been alone and lonely for several years. Right now, I can't stop the tears streaming down Jack's face either. The only thing I'm able to do is run, run towards Jack and give her the biggest hug in the world.

So, that's what I do and by her reaction, I see that she had the same thought as me. The moment we take each other in our arms, is the moment that I feel like I'm home, but also the moment I realise how many steps I have to complete to be able to stay home for the rest of my life. Some minutes pass and Jack loosens a bit, so I do the same. We end the hug and take a good look at each others faces. After a short amount of time Jack takes my hand and drags me into the living room and towards the couch.

She takes a seat and I decide to lay down on the couch with my head in her lap. She gives me a slight smile and I return it. She starts to play with my hair a bit and says with a soft voice 'I missed you. I didn't hear from you, so I prepared myself for the worst case scenario. Not for you returning to me in person. ............. I'm really..... I ...... I'm just glad that you're back.' She is shaking a bit by now, so with my hand I take her hand that was playing with my hair. I squeeze it a little to reassure her that everything has turned out fine.

'I'm sorry,' I say,' I'm sorry, that I've been away so long. I'm sorry for letting you think I may have died. ... I didn't want it either, but I had no choice. If I had visited you, I would have putted you in to much risk. And the thought of your dead on my hands was to much to handle. Odette told me: The only way home, is to leave it as much as possible, otherwise, there won't be a home anymore.

Last month, she said that I would be going on one last mission. The mission that I finished two weeks ago. When we said our temporary goodbyes, she told me not to go home, yet. This in case there are people from the last mission who want revenge. At the moment, she is trying to clear me from the leaked documents. This would mean, I'd be able to come home and live close to you again!' Thankfully, my words calmed her down. Though I can see that there's something on her mind which she is afraid to ask. 'I know you want to ask me something, so go on!' I say. 'Do you want to stay with me for a while?' she asks softly. 'I would love to!' I answer.