4. Crazy in love

Part 4

Nick's POV

Tim has been away for a decade, I hope nothing happened to him. Should I call him, no Gibbs would have told me to do that when he was really worried. It's probably just in my head. I think because the squadroom is way to quiet. Normally Jess would be here, but she spent the holiday in Los Angeles and wanted to stay, so she works at NCIS LA now. That reminds me, I should probably sent her a postcard or something to ask how she's doing.

Gibbs POV

Should I go to her? No, she probably thinks I'm stalking her, if I visit her or pass by every hour of the day. On the other hand, if something happens to her, I would more likely be able to help her or protect her. But she doesn't need protection, because she can protect herself and there are more agents who can offer help if they pass by her office. Argh, I should be working. Why can't I get her out of my head.

I look at Nick and I meet his eyes, but then he signes them towards Tim's desk. But there's nobody there. Where is Tim? Oh, I remember, he went to interview the wife. Why hasn't he been back, yet? 'Torres!' I say. Nick was probably lost in thought, because he shocked a bit when I called him. 'Yeah' he answers. 'Do you know why Mcgee isn't back, yet?' I ask. 'No, should I call him?' he says. As if it was on cue, Tim enters the squadroom with a woman behind him and asks: 'Call who?'

'You, what took you so long? And who's she?' Nick answers. 'This is Cary Hayes, our petty officers wife. She needs a safe house. And it took me so long because it was a long drive and we had a bit of a situation.' Mcgee says answering Nick's questions. 'Agent Mcgee' Vance recalls for upstairs 'My office in five!' Mcgee shrugs and walks upstairs after he left Cary with us. 'Hey, Agent Gibbs' I say as I introduce myself. Nick does the same. 'Nick, can you find her a safe house. I have to take care of something.' I say as I walk in the direction of the elevator.

Jack's POV. (In her office)

Why can't I get my work done! Every time I try to do something, he pops up in my head. And then I can't get him out. *The door opens and Gibbs walks through it, immediately closing the door with a loud bang. He's now standing in front of my desk.* 'You drive me crazy!' He says with a thorough tone. In a quick response I say in a irritated tone: ' I'm driving you crazy?'

*I walk around my desk, so I can stand right in front of him*

'You drive ME crazy! I can't get any work done! Because everywhere I look, I see you! I can't think! Because every time I think, I think about you!' To my suprise, Gibbs puts one hand on my thigh and one around my head. He pulls me close and I can feel his gaze. It calms me down. That's when he kisses me. And I kinda like it, so I return the kiss. We stay this way until we run out of oxygen. We look eachother in the eyes and he asks determined: 'Would you join me for dinner this evening?' 'Yes' I answer.