Chapter 6

30th October one day before Halloween!

Y/n pov
Today you were going to help Kenny babysit Karen because his parents were leaving to gamble somewhere. It's so irresponsible. And it pisses me off. Kenny and Karen don't deserve that. They deserve a loving family. You got dressed and went downstairs for breakfast. Moms at work again great I guess it's a breakfast bar. Kenny wasn't expecting you till later but you had nothing to do so you just decided to head over there early instead. More time spent with him.

You head off walking. His house was only a fifteen minute walk anyways not too far. When you reached Kenny's house you knock on the old run down door which looked like it could fall down at any second. Karen answered the door and immediately hugged your legs. "Y/n! I missed you!" She said happily. You bend down to her level and hugged her "I've missed you more princess!" She grabs your hand and pulls you into the house. She drags you to the living room to see a shirtless Kenny laying on the couch. His six pack was visible and his toned arms could be seen. He stood up as soon as he saw you and walked over. "Hey short stuff I thought you weren't coming till later?" You froze and turned crimson red. "I just woke up early and had nothing to do I hope you don't mind!" Kenny patted your head and winked at you before saying "Why i don't mind at all."

I think I died. You froze up and stood there flustered. "Y/n do you want to play dolls?" You snapped out of your trance and Karen pulled you towards her room so the two of you could play with her dolls. You sat as she introduced you to every one of them. You heard someone coming up the stairs and turned around to now see Kenny in a shirt leaning against the door. Karen told you about the doll that Kenny got her. It was a blonde doll in a little pink dress. She give you the doll and you gently took it off her. It wasn't the best looking doll but it was adorable what Kenny did for his sister.

You play with Karen until she gets tired and she falls asleep in your arms. You place her in her bed and tucked her in. You smiled and turned the lights off. You decide to hang with Kenny since you were staying for a few more hours anyway. He was downstairs on the couch just staring at the ceiling. "You okay there weirdo?" He jumped at your voice and sat up. You sat next to him and looked at his toned muscles again. "You can feel them you know?" He said winking at you. "You wish perv" you both laugh and talk for a while until his parents come barging through the door drunk and arguing. Bottles were being smashed and furniture being knocked over. Kenny grabbed you and ran you upstairs to his room. Your breathing started to quicken. Oh no no no. Not here please.

You slumped against the wall and Kenny ran over to you. "Y/n?! Y/n!!?? Talk to me what's happening?" He cups your face and realises it's a panic attack Karen comes running into the room holding her doll. "Kenny what's wrong with y/n?" She asks worried. "Karen y/n is just a little stressed okay remember what I told you to do when mom and dad argue. Go to your room lock the door and count to 100" she nodded and ran to her room. Kenny's focus was back on you. He slid down the wall next to you and placed you in between his legs. His arms grabbed your torso from behind and he rested his head on your shoulder "It's okay, everything's fine you're okay." He whispered into your ear. You soon calmed down and your breathing became regular again. You turned around to face Kenny and embraced him in a massive hug he returned it eventually and said "Y/n whatever you hear don't go down those stairs okay?" You look at him confused "Kenny where are you going?" He stands up and walks to the door giving you an I've got this look. The door closes and you hear screams and broken bottles being smashed when all of a sudden it just stops you hear a car start and they're gone.

Kenny comes back to his room and you notice he has a nosebleed. You run up to him and take him to the bathroom. "Kenny what happened down there?!" You said grabbing tissues to wipe his nose with "Nothing that hasn't already happened a million times before don't worry." He said rather calmly "Kenny of all the times I've been at your house they've never argued like that before." He couldn't hold it back anymore tears swelled in his eyes and he started to cry. You hugged the crying boy and you both fell you your knees. "Y/n that little girl in the other room doesn't doesn't deserve a life like this." He said through little sobs. You rub his back and tell him to let it all out. He holds you tightly almost like he didnt want to let you go in fear you would disappear.

You lifted his head and wiped his tears with your hands. "Do you know that your the strongest most kid caring best friend I've ever had?" Kenny smiles at you but a flash of disappointment shows on his face.

Kenny pov

Best friend.fuck. I guess that's all she sees me as. Wait why am I disappointed. We have always best friends what's the difference now? Oh no. I've caught feelings for my best friend.

-🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣-
A/n finally you both realise your feelings I'm trying to think of plot twists for this story to spice things up a little. Okays bye bye 👋