1

Inheriting (L/n) farm was the last thing you had ever expected to happen.

Your grandpa had passed away recently. You felt sad but you weren't torn up over it. The relationship between you and your grandpa was barely there. Your parents had moved away from their small hometown before you had been born, and in all the 25 years of your life, you had only seen him once a year during the Feast of Winter Star, but only until you were 12. (for those who dont play the game its basically christmas).

So it was a complete surprise when Grandpa's will was read and he left his house, his property, and his farm animals to you. From the little information you had been given, most of the animals had been taken in by neighboring towns, leaving you with four chickens and two cows to tackle on your own. It was definitely something something you were going to have to get used to.

Stardew Valley, the name of your new town, was quite far from your childhood home. Your parents had tried to get as far away from that place as possible. Not that the town was bad neccessarily, they just loved living life in a warmer climate where it snowed once or twice a year.

Leaving your family had been a tough decision, but you saw a chance to change your life forever and you took it. The flight had been long and soothing, but the bus ride to the town was not so fun. Your nerves were kicking in and the weight of your decision was finally settling in. But as you got closer and closer to Stardew Valley, the more excited you got.

As you got off the bus, you took a deep breath in. The air was crisp and sweet with the smell of spring daisies. Luggage in hand, you followed the directions saved on your phone and headed to your new house.

An older man wearing a green sweater was sitting on your porch, pipe in hand. He stood up as you neared and waved. "You must be (Y/n)!" He calls jovially.

"That's me," you set your bags down on the porch and offer him your hand. "(Y/n) (L/n), it's a pleasure to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, too. My name is Mayor Lewis. Since you're new to town, I figured I'd show you into town. Don't want you getting lost now," he laughs. He had a kindhearted smile that could make anyone feel warm and welcome. There was no question as to why he was mayor. "Now, I'll let you get all settled. Once you've had the chance to set all your things down and get in order, head down to the right into the center of town. I'll be waiting for you by Pierre's general store, you can't miss it."

"Alright, thank you so much! I'll see you then." Mayor Lewis tips his hat at you before heading off towards town. Picking your bags back up, you unlocked the front door and headed inside.

It was cleaner than you had expected, but barren. Your grandpa had apparently loved the "less is more" look. But you had the essentials; a bed, kitchen, bath, etc. What else could you need?

You put your things away in no time. There wasn't much anyway. Just some clothes, pictures, sheet music, books, and few food items like ramen and popcorn.

After making sure everything was neat and stowed away, you headed out of the house and followed the path to the right. Sure enough he was right. About 20 feet into town there was a huge sign that said "Pierre's General Store". Mayor Lewis waved at you from his station at the front.

"As you can see, this is the general store. You can find anything you need here, including seeds. There's also Joja's Mart across the bridge but, in my opinion, shopping here is better," he winks. "Now this right here is the doctors."

You look over at the building right next to Pierre's. It had a red cross on it. A paper sign next to the doors read "Volunteers Welcomes!"

"You'll probably want to get all of your old files tranferred over here tomorrow so that Harvey can treat you later down the road without any complications."

You nod, making a mental list.

Lewis opens the doors and sticks his head in. "Maru? Would you mind giving our new friend here a tour?" Inside was a pretty girl dressed in a nurse's uniform. She had brown hair with pink undertones and pink eyes.

"Oh!" Her eyes travel over to you. "It would be my pleasure. Give me one moment to change." Lewis shuts the down and turns to you. "I'd show you around the whole town but my joints aren't like they used to be," he chuckles.

"Well, I thank you for all that you've done for me so far," you smile.

"It's not often that this town gets newcomers. It's a very exciting time for everyone."

The girl from before, Maru, walks out, now dressed in some overalls and a t shirt.

"Hi, I'm Maru," she says with a big smile, offering her hand out.

"(Y/n) (L/n)," you smile back, shaking her hand.

"Alright, Maru, I hand Miss (Y/n) over to you. Treat her well," Lewis tips his hat in farwell. You turn to Maru. "So is everyone in this town this nice?"

She laughs. "Not quite. Don't worry, we aren't some weird fantasy town where everyone is super friendly and welcoming. We have our fair share of grouches and assholes."

"Good to know."

"Alright, let's get started." Maru heads south, going deeper into town. "Right here is the Saloon. Most of the said grouches and assholes hang out here, but on busy days it's pretty fun. Every other building in town here is somebody's house. Mayor Lewis' house is right there."

You counted around five other houses. God, this place was tiny.

"Almost every one lives right here in the heart of town. Across that bridge is the museum slash library and blacksmith, and of course I'm sure you saw Joja earlier. Down south is the beach. Pretty cool place during the summer, but you have to be quiet. Elliott lives down there and he's currently working on his book."

"Beach, book, quiet. Got it."

"Up north east is my house. My mom is a carpenter so if you ever need anything built, she's your girl. The road that leads to the left from my house goes to your farm, so don't be scared to use it. And finally down south west is Marnie's Ranch. That's where you'll get your hay and animal supplies and whatnot."

Your head felt clogged from all this new information. "Okay, I underestimated how much there was to this town."

Maru giggles. "The good thing is that it's hard to get lost unless you venture into the woods. And it'll be easy to get someone to help you find your way if you ever get confused."

"That's true."

"Umm.. well I think that's all I really have to show you. I'll walk you back to your house."

"Aw, you don't have to do that."

"Nonsense. Gotta make sure the newcomer gets home safely. Plus, it'll be faster on my end. Like I said, that other road to your farm leads to my house."

"Right, right. Okay then I have no choice do I?" you joke, shooting her a grin.

"Nope!"

The two of you head off. You were at your house in a jiffy.

"I'd offer you to come in for some tea or coffee but uh.. all I have at the moment is dust, ramen, and popcorn."

She laughs. "I think I'll pass. Make sure you get some real food in you tomorrow, newcomer. I'll see you around."

"Seeya," you wave and head inside your house. All the excitement from today has left you utterly exhauted. You plop down on your bed and promptly pass tf out.