9

You were kind of excited for the Egg Festival. Even if it was for the children, you'd still have fun mingling with the other residents and watching the egg hunt.    

It didn't start until 9, so you wasted the time away doing chores around your farm. With only ten minutes to go, you headed off towards town at a slow stroll. As you got closer, you noticed all the decorations. Colorful eggs and streamers, baskets and treats. You couldn't help but smile.    

Deeper into town, Gus had a table set up with lots of food, beaming proudly as people loaded up their plates and praised his delicious cooking. Mouth watering, you joined the line and grabbed whatever the hell looked good, and that was most of it.    

A few tables were lined up in front of the general store and the hospital. Taking your plate of food and a drink Marnie had handed you, you take a seat.    

Before you could really dig in, Maru sat down across from you. "Hey, partner," she says, smiling.   

"Hey," you smile back. "I think I might have gone a bit overboard with the food." you gesture to your loaded plate.    

"Nah, you have to try everything. I'll help you finish it off if you can't eat it all."   

Everyone was in high spirits. There was a constant buzz of excited chatter and outbursts of laughter every now and then. You looked up as Vincent and Jas approach your table.    

"Miss (Y/n)! Miss (Y/n)!" Jas was practically bouncing up and down. "Are you gonna do the egg hunt?"   

"I don't know. I'm a bit old for that," you say.   

Vincent's eye widen. "What?? But it'll be really fun!"   

You smile but shake your head. "Sorry kids."   

Jas turns to Vincent. "I know!" She dashes off, Vincent running after her.    

"Where are you goinggg," he complains.    

Maru giggles. "Maybe you should do it with them, (Y/n). I'll do it too."   

You roll your eyes playfully. "Yeah, right."   

"Uncle Shane," you heard Jas and looked up. She was dragging a bedraggled Shane behind her. He looked like he'd rather be anywhere else in the entire world but here. "Tell Miss (Y/n) she HAS to do the egg hunt with me!"   

"Jas," he sighs. "You can't force her to. If she doesn't want to then there's nothing you can do."   

"But- but.." she decides she liked her idea better and shoved him until they were right in front of your table.    

"Hi.." you said, feeling a bit embarrassed considering the last time you saw him you had awkwardly apologized for being an asshole to him.    

Shane sighs. "Jas would like you to do the egg hunt with her. She will not take no for an answer, and she seems to think I'm the only one who can convince you.."   

"Oh," why tf did she think that. "Well, uh," you look down at Jas. "You want me to egg hunt with you that bad?"   

Jas nods rapidly.    

"Alright, fine. You have a deal," she jumps up and down in celebration. "but, you have to tell me one thing." you hold up a finger.    

She looks at you determinedly, waiting with baited breath.    

"Why do you think Uncle Shane here is the only one who could convince me? I would've said yes if you had just asked me to egg hunt with you," you say, patting her head.