2

Waking up in your new place was disorienting. You knew you'd get used to it, but it felt so odd. You roll over and glance at your alarm clock. 7:14. Better get a move on.

You took a shower, got dressed, and made some ramen for breakfast. You made a note to buy some coffee and real food today. You headed outside after your meal, breathing in the fresh air and listening to the birds chirping. Looking out into the yard, you noticed a small coop and a barn.

Peering inside the coop, you saw four chickens chilling. As you walked in, they swarmed at your feet. "Aw, are you guys hungry? Let's get you some food."

You did the same things for the cows before heading back inside. Now, you knew you had stashed your medical records somewhere..

Ah, there they were. Stuffed into your bedside drawer. After making sure you had everything you needed, including a reusable grocery bag and some money, you headed into town.

Thankfully, you remembered where mostly everything was. You headed into the hospital first.

"Excuse me," you called out as you walked in. The room was empty. But then you heard a door squeak and a man walked out.

"Oh! You must be Archie's grandkid," he says, smiling kindly. "I'm Harvey, how may I help you?" He had dark brown hair, a mustache, and circle glasses framing his brown eyes.

"I have my old medical records for you. Figured it would be better to go ahead and transfer them sooner rather than later," you say, placing the folder on the counter. "I'm (Y/n), by the way."

"Oh my god, look at you making my job a thousand times easier," he grabs the files and tucks them under one arm. "It's very nice to meet you, (Y/n). How's your time in Stardew going so far?"

"So far? A bit overwhelming but exciting. Everyone I've met has been super nice."

"Good, good. Now," he flips open your folder, "are you up to date with all your vaccinations?"

"I believe so, yes." You watch him briefly skim through your papers.

"Yep, you're good to go. But you are due for a seasonly check up. Would you like to go ahead and schedule one?"

"Umm sure why not, it's not like I have anything planned yet." You look down at a calendar Harvey had slid over to you.

"Just pick any day within the next two weeks. It'll be quick and easy, I promise."

You chose at random, putting your name down on the 11th.

"Alrighty then. I'll give a call a couple days beforehand so you don't forget. You still have Archie's home phone?"

"Sorry but no. I don't remember seeing it around. But my cell phone number is somewhere in those documents."

"Gotcha. Okay well I'll get out of your hair now. It was nice meeting you!" He gives you another warm smile.

"You too," you exit and head to the general store next door.

"Welcome! Oh, well if it isn't the newcomer! If you haven't guessed already, I'm Pierre."

"Nice to meet you, I'm-"

"(Y/n). Yeah, I know. Word gets around fast. You looking for anything particular today?"

From there Pierre helped you pick some fresh produce, gave you a "newcomer's discount" along with a free sample of seeds and sent you on your way. Bag laden with goods, you head home to put everything away. You had some extra free time so you decided to plant the free parsnip seeds. Should be relatively easy to take care of considering there were only five.