3

On the morning of your fourth day in Stardew, you treated yourself to some cereal and coffee after the day you had had yesterday.    

You did your daily chores, taking some extra time to love on the farm animals and then cleaning yourself up. After that, you stood around in your kitchen and realized that you only had one chair and a desolate looking table. It worked for you, but it didn't exactly look the best. Plus, there was no telling how much longer that thing would hold up.    

You didn't have very much gold left, only around 1,000 left. (That sounds like a lot but people who play know that its really not lmfao). But then you remembered that your chickens lay eggs and you can sell you cow's milk. With that in mind, you collect the goods and head into town.    

After making a good amount of gold for your produce, you headed up north towards Maru's place. Her mom was a carpenter so you figured she was the best person to ask about the table.    

The scenic walk was very nice. You saw a rabbit and even a few squirrels. Up ahead you saw a house. It was very pretty. A telescope sat in the yard as well as a few tools beside the garage door. As you approached, the door opened and out came Maru.    

"Maru, hey," you call, waving at her.   

"(Y/n)! Whatcha doing out here?" she shuts the door behind her and walks up to talk.    

"I had a few questions to ask your mom. Where you heading? We could hang out for a bit."   

She smiles apologetically. "Sorry, I have plans today. I work at Harvey's office on Thursdays. Next time?"   

"Sounds like a plan. I'll seeya around." You say goodbye and head inside.    

"Welcome!" A woman with ginger hair greeted you from behind a counter a couple feet inside.    

"Hello," you smile.   

"You must be (Y/n)," she leans against the counter and smiles. "I've heard good things about you."   

A man peeks his head around the corner. "(Y/n)?" his eyes reach yours and his face lights up. "Ah, I thought I heard your name. My name is Demetrius. And this is my wife, Robin." he walks into the room, a beaker in his hands.    

"It's a pleasure to meet you. You've met Maru already, as we've both heard, but I'd like you to meet my son as well! I'll be right back," she walks out from behind the counter and heads down a staircase. "Yoba knows he could use some women in his life," she mutters.    

"So, what's the beaker for?" You ask, trying to make idle conversation after that awkward statement.    

"Ah, I'm glad you asked. I'm experimenting with the local fungi specimens and how different species react to an overload of nutrients versus hardly any at all. Quite interesting, if you ask me. Knowing how each one reacts will definitely help in limiting the number of.. I'm boring you, aren't I?" he jokes.    

"Not boring me, but some of that definitely went over my head," you laugh.   

Robin comes back upstairs with a groggy looking man behind her. "Sorry for the wait."   

You stare at the man. He had messy black hair, brown eyes with heavy dark circles, and a half awake expression.    

Awkward silence filled the room as he just stared at the wall, not taking anything in.    

"Sorry, he just woke not that long ago," Robin jokes with an embarrassed little chuckle.    

"You mean you just woke me up a minute ago? Yeah." He rubs his eyes and lets out a big sigh. "I'm Sebastian."