10

Dear (Y/n),   

As I'm sure you know, the Flower Dance is coming up. If you are to participate, you'll need to get a dress. I'll be happy to put it together for you. Stop by my house sometime before 2 p.m. and I'll get your measurements.                                                                                                  
From, Emily   

It was currently Thursday 18. You had found that letter in your mailbox. On the back was a little map that gave you directions to her house. Easy enough to remember since it right next to Sam's.   

You had already done your work on the farm for today, so you headed south into Cindersap Forest since it was quicker. Marnie was outside tending to her cattle. You gave her a big wave and she returned it enthusiastically. Thankfully, you didn't run into Shane.   

Passing by Sam's house, you checked the map one more time just to make sure you had the right house before knocking.    

Emily opened the door, her usual big smile spread across her lips. "Come in, come in." She holds the door open for you.    

Her house was clean. Your eyes were drawn to a huge bookcase over in the corner, but she led you through the kitchen and into a room littered with pins, yards of fabric, and a sewing machine.    

"Okayy," Emily clasps her hands together. "I just need to take a few measurements. Would you mind changing into this tank top for me? I don't like to make clients feel uncomfortable but I do like to be able to see their body proportions as accurately as I can."   

"Oh," you partially undress, already wearing a tanktop underneath your usual work clothes. "I usually wear one anyway."   

"Perfect," she walks around a chair stacked with tool and silky fabric. "Let me just grab my tape measure. Hmm.. where did I put it.."   

Both of your heads snapped up as you heard and short, high pitched yell. "Emilyyy," the person whined, heels clicking on hardwood as they walked into the room. "My favorite shirt has a hole in it! Would you like fix it for me? Pretty pleaseee."   

"Sorry," Emily looks at you. "This is my sister, Haley."   

"Oops," Haley covers her mouth with her hand. "I didn't realize you were working," she smiles at you. "Who are you?"   

She was very pretty. Long blonde hair, big blue eyes, short stature and a sweet high pitched voice. Yeah, you would've never gotten along with someone like her in high school.    

"(Y/n). I'm relatively new here."   

"Ohhh," realization dawned on her face. "I know who you are!"   

"You.. do?" You swear to god you've never met this girl in your life.    

"Yeah!" She gives you a sweet smile. "You're the weird strong chick Alex was talking about." She looked so innocent it was hard to tell if she was an airhead or being a bitch.   

"Weird strong chick.." you repeat, unable to tell whether you were offended at being called weird or flattered you were toned enough to be called strong.    

"Mhm!" She tilts her head. "He said quite a lot about you, but I don't really remember much."   

"Okay, Haley. That's enough." Emily starts shoving her out.    

"Wait! But my shirt!"   

"It can wait."   

You stood there, not knowing what to think.