11

You woke up to your phone going off. Squinting at the bright screen, you unlocked your phone and opened the message.

Maru: Come over around 12, you're having lunch with us. partner

You grin, sending back a response. Glancing at the time, you realized you had slept in later than intended. Getting up out of bed and throwing on your work clothes, you fed Larry the cat and put on a pot of coffee. You lean against the counter, watching as the pot slowly filled.

The cat brushed against your legs, mewing at you. Bending down, you pet it. "Poor kitty," you say, "Having a middle aged dad name. It's okay, I still love you."

Larry purred, rubbing his head into your hand. Coffee was done so you stood back up and poured a cup, fixing it just the way you like.

Grabbing your watering can, you head outside and fill it up while sipping on your coffee. You looked out at your crops, realizing that they were ready to harvest. Downing the rest of your drink, you get to work. After everything was done, you took a quick shower to wash off all the dirt and sweat. It was currently 11, so you figured by the time you sold your crops it'd be time to head over to Robin's.

Stuffing your bag with all your loot, you walked into town.

Pierre greeted you as you entered.

Abigail waved at you from where she was picking through some vegetables. "Quite the bounty there," she says, nodding at your bag.

"All my damn parsnips grew," you reply, putting the bag on the counter in front of her dad.

Abigail nudges you. "You excited for tonight?"

You feign confusion. "What's tonight?"

She sees right through you. "Shut up, you know."

You grin at her. "Yeah, I'm looking forward to it."

She grins back. "Good."

Pierre gladly buys all of your crops and you exited with your pockets laden with gold.

As always, the walk up to Robin's was beautiful. You knocked on the front door, which was immediately opened by Demetrius.

He grinned as you saw you. "(Y/n), you made it. I was worried it was too short notice."

"Nah, I was happy to be invited." You grin back.

He let you in. "My wife and daughter are in the kitchen."

A delicious smell wafted throughout the house. Following the smell into the kitchen, you saw Maru setting the table and Robin at the stove.

"(Y/n)!" Robin says as she notices you. "Glad you could make it."

Maru looks up, instantly smiling. "Hey partner."

"It smells divine in here," you say, inhaling deeply.

"Demetrius did most of the cooking, but this soup is my specialty. Don't let it fool you, though. My husband is the master chef," she laughs.

"Hey," Maru nudges you with her elbow, "Where do you want to sit?"

You shrug. "I don't really care, just put me anywhere."

"You came just in time," Demetrius says as he enters the kitchen. "The food is almost ready."

"(Y/n)," Robin looks over her shoulder at you, busy mixing the soup as it simmered. "Would you mind getting Sebastian? Boy's probably still asleep but I'm sure he'll want some food."

"Sure thing." You actually didn't want to, but it was the least you could do.

And so you head down the basement stairs and hesitantly knocked on his door. No reply.