Chapter XII

October 107 AC

October 107 AC

Aurelia and Jamie were walking on the castle gardens, their hands brushing against each other occasionally. They were both unsure of what to say, but they both knew what they wanted. They'd been friends for years now, and had grown closer after he'd found her in the library that long ago morning. Yet, things had been changing between them over the past few months. They were now on the verge of something more, and neither of them knew how to approach it.

As they walked, the moon shone down on them, casting a romantic glow over everything. Jamie cleared his throat nervously, breaking the silence. "Aurelia, I've been meaning to tell you something," he said, his voice barely above a whisper.

Aurelia looked at him, her heart racing. She knew what was coming. "What is it?"

Jamie took a deep breath and reached out to take her hand. Her heart skipped a beat as he leaned in closer to her.

"I know we're just friends, but I can't help the way I feel about you," he said, his voice full of emotion.

She felt her cheeks flush with warmth. She had been waiting for this moment, but now that it was here, she didn't know what to do.

"I feel the same way," she said, her voice barely audible.

Jamie's eyes widened in surprise, but then a smile broke out across his face. Without another word, he leaned in and kissed her gently.

Aurelia's heart soared as they kissed, and she wrapped her arms around him, feeling his warmth against her skin. It was everything she'd hoped for.

━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━

As Aemma watched her daughter twirl around in her new dress, she suddenly felt a strange fluttering sensation in her belly. She paused, trying to focus on the feeling, and realized that it was the quickening of a new life inside her. She gasped softly, feeling a mix of emotions - fear, uncertainty, and a small glimmer of hope. Another babe.

"Mother, what's wrong?" Rhaenyra asked, noticing the sudden change in her mother's demeanor.

Aemma hesitated for a moment, wondering if she should tell her daughter the truth. But she decided against it. She didn't want to worry Rhaenyra with her own problems. Rhaenyra deserved to be a child for a little longer, even if soon she'd be at the age where she would need to wed and have children.

"Nothing, my dear," she said, forcing a smile. "I'm just admiring how beautiful you look in that dress."

Rhaenyra grinned, twirling again. "Do you really think so?"

Aemma nodded. "Absolutely. You're growing up so fast, my love. It feels like just yesterday you were a little girl playing with dolls."

Rhaenyra's smile faded slightly. "Mother, are you worried about something?"