Chapter XXII

Aurelia was surprised when Princess Rhaenys entered her chambers as she was meeting with a merchant

Aurelia was surprised when Princess Rhaenys entered her chambers as she was meeting with a merchant. She needed new dresses and Danae grew quickly, so she would also need to commission new clothes for her, so she didn't only wear hand-me-downs from previous Princesses.

With her authority, Princess Rhaenys waved the merchants away, but ordered that he leave the fabric and sketches there as she spoke with Aurelia. The man did as the Targaryen princess bid and so, Aurelia was left with the Queen Who Never Was.

Princess Rhaenys sighed and sat as Aurelia remained standing next to the fabrics.

"Would you like me to send for some refreshments, Your Highness?"

"I would," the older Princess said with a sigh, punching the bridge of her nose.

Aurelia began to step down from the pedestal but the older woman held up her hand and Aurelia froze. "I have already sent the servants. There is no need for you to do so. Sit down, I am in no mood to look up at you."

Aurelia quickly did as she was told and sat upon one of her seats, placing her hands nervously on her knees. "Is there something I can help you with, Your Highness?"

Princess Rhaenys hummed. "I wished to thank you," her confusion must have shown, because the princess elaborated. "For letting my aunt know of what had been happening between my cousin and the Hand's daughter."

Aurelia blushed, embarrassed. "I was worried for Alicent."

The princess waved her comment away. "Don't diminish yourself," she admonished. "Viserra told me what you said, how you deduced what Otto's plans were. If not for you, then we would have had him as the father to a Queen. Thanks to your quick thinking, we were able to lead Viserys down a more sensible path."

Aurelia smiled briefly, before she went to open the door and took the tray with their cakes and tea.

"Now, I do hope you're being careful."

"Your Highness?" Aurelia asked as she nibbled on a lemon cake. They were not her favorite, unlike Rhaenyra who adored them, but there was something delicious about the mix between the sugar of the crust and the sourness of the fruit.

"With your knight. Well, Aemma's knight. Now Danae's."

Jamie. The Princess must have seen them, even if they had been careful.

"I'm not sure what you mean, Your Highness."

"I see you how you look at each other, so spare me the innocent act," Rhaenys waved her off. "I just hope you're being careful to avoid any unnecessary complications."

"We haven't..."

"And I don't mean moon tea," Rhaenys continued, as if she had never spoken.

"Not moon tea?" Now, she was intrigued. "Is there something wrong with it?"