24

"Welcome back"

"Welcome back"

Alex's loud voice startled me.

I'm finally snapped out of my thoughts to realise I let my tea go cold.

I can hear muffled voices in the hallway as Vincent just sits there unfazed.

Apart of me wonders if anything fazed this man.

It's honestly alarming how calm he can be when something like a huge crash just happened.

As Alex walks in he shares a look with Vincent that confuses me.

But I quickly understood why, Vincent's family walk into the kitchen one by one with big smiles.

"There you are" Linda laughs

She pulls Vincent into a hug not letting him get out it making me laugh a little.

"Oh Mila I didn't see you there" she quickly changes her attention onto me

She walks over pulling me into a hug causing me to jump slightly.

"Oh dear I didn't mean to make you jump"

"It's fine just a jumpy person" I laugh it off

I don't know what it is but when other parents hug me I mostly expect them to turn on me.

I guess that's what happens when you have shitty parents like mine.

She finally pulls away before looking at Vincent.

"So what have you done while we've been gone"

"Why'd you ask?"

"Am I not allowed to be interested in my sons life?"

"No it's just called my life is boring why would you want to know"

I can't help but laugh as Izzy and Lucas look at me.

"Well while you guys get the beautiful talk, Mila I have a few things to run by you"

With that Izzy grabs my hand leading me to her room.

She shuts the door behind us before turning to look at me with a serious face.

"What?" I ask confused myself

"Well I may or may not have a date tomorrow night" she giggles like a little kid in a candy store

I just laugh sitting down as she keeps her eyes on me.

"What?"

"I have something for you to try on"

She turns around unzipping her suitcase.

I want to ask, question what she's doing but I know I'll find out soon enough.

She starts pulling a few things out before she keeps something in her hand.