On the road: Chapter 4

Needless to say, L and Lyla was out of iHop before anyone (mainly the waiter) could stop them. Turns out, not many people realized they just walked out without paying, which works out perfectly for L.

L walked farther down the street, leading Lyla right along with him of course, until eventually he found a good place with a lot of cars and not many people around. He needs a way for getting around without using his powers, so he's taking it old school.

He smiled as he walked past a few cars and found one that was unlocked, luckily he wouldn't have to brake into it and risk an alarm going off. He opened up the drivers seat while motioning to Lyla, saying "Get in"

She silently started to open the back door of the dark red Pontiac Vibe, ready to do as he said, but he stopped her in a tone that told her she'd better listen. "Upfront, little girl."

If it was anyone else who just told her that and in that tone that L just did, she'd snap right back and give that son of a bitch a piece of her mind, but because it wasn't anyone else and it was.....him, she just closed the back door and got up front without a word.

The reason he wanted her to sit up front next to him is because he didn't want to have to constantly keep his eyes back there make sure she wasn't trying to signal for help to cars passing by.

Lyla silently was wondering if this was his car, but got her answer when L got in and began hot wiring it.

'Stealing in broad daylight. Smooth'

After a few minutes, he finally got it and the engine started, giving a good rev. "Ha" he cheered.

"Alright, now. Seatbelt" he told Lyla, doing the same to himself and buckling up.

Not that he cares about being safe, but he doesn't want to take a chance on getting pulled over for something as stupid as not being buckled up.

A pair of sunglasses in the roof consul caught L's eye before he pulled out and he smiled as he picked them up and put them on. "Oh yeah, baby. Let's get this show on the road"

*******30 minutes later********As L continued driving, Lyla began to get more nervous the farther away they went, thinking that this was it and she was going to be killed by Satan

As L continued driving, Lyla began to get more nervous the farther away they went, thinking that this was it and she was going to be killed by Satan. And with everything going through her head, two thoughts particularly stuck out. Never seeing her parents again, and never seeing her friends again. That's what she dreaded the most, not saying goodbye to her loved ones.

Now she was regretting ever single fight and argument she had with her mom and dad, every single lie and prank she did on her friends, just everything. She wishes she could take it all back and tell them how much they all mean to her.........but it's all to late now.