Shower and thoughts: Chapter 13

L was done eating before Lyla, likely due to the fact that Lyla lost most of her appetite when realizing she was going to face consequences of trying to escape since L had found her. She still wasn't sure how he did it, maybe he watched her the whole time and seen her go into the restaurant, or maybe with him being a powerful supernatural being, he just had the ability to know where she was. She didn't know, but whatever the reason it may of been, the point is, he found her. And she knew she was screwed.

Finally, L stood up from the booth and motioned for Lyla to follow. Alice came back over with a cheerful smile when seeing them get up. "It was nice meeting you two, I hope you guys have a wonderful rest of your day! Come again anytime, your always welcome"

L smiled. "Oh we will. Actually you know what, I almost forgot," L pulled out a $50 bill and handed it to her. "For all the trouble" he said, winking at her.

Alice didn't know how to respond. "No, I can't except this." She shook her head. "It was no trouble at all, really. I'm just glad Lyla is safe now. It's a dangerous world out there, you know"

"Don't I know" L chuckled darkly, a deeper meaning behind his statement. "But no, you keep it, darlin. Buy yourself something nice"

Alice just smiled thankfully. "Thank you, I really appreciate this." She pocketed the money in her apron before turning to Lyla. "Bye Lyla," she said with a warm smile. "I'm glad your safely back with your dad"

Lyla forced a smile and weakly nodded, not being able to bring herself to act super cheerful and happy about being back with her "dad", considering that he wasn't her dad and in fact the reason that she'd probably never see her dad again. "Thank you. Bye Alice"

Alice smiled and fared them goodbye as they both walked out and disappeared into the busy crowd of people walking down the sidewalks.

Lyla walked right behind L, a mixture of anxiety and fear making it's way through her body as they got closer and closer to the car. L didn't make a grab for her hand or arm like he normally does when walking, knowing that she is probably smarter then that to try and take off again right now.

As L got to the car, he opened her door and motioned for her to get in—which she did without hesitation. She put her seatbelt on and watched as L rounded the car to his side and got in the drivers seat.

She expected him to loose his calm, carefree smiling attitude as soon as it was just them, expecting a big blow out, but that didn't happen. Instead, he just started the car and buckled up before cutting on the radio and pulling out, all with his satisfied-like grin still on his face.

The reason he was in such a good mood this morning and why he was there in that town in the first place was because he had felt another one of his siblings power radiating from within this area, so he came to find them and drain them of their grace—which he did.

He felt even more powerful then yesterday, and he planned on continuing his journey on hunting down his brothers and sisters that was on earth until he drained every last one of them if their power— then start right back over when their powers regenerate. Well, only the ones that are still alive by then, considering he'll probably kill a few who try to fight back or who makes him mad, like how his brother did yesterday.

L let his powers guide him on where to go next. Since he was even more stronger then yesterday, he was more attuned to the whereabouts of his siblings. He could sense their presence in the air, like a type of radiation. In a way, it was kinda like following a gps, but instead of using a regular navigator, he was using his abilities as a tracker find them.