chapter 4

It was Carina's second day at Grey-Sloan and she was running slightly late because her wife had decided to distract her while she had been in the shower making her lose her train of thought and forget that she had to be at the hospital for rounds soon.

She was just grateful she didn't miss much as she stepped out of the elevator and onto the OB floor towards her office that the hospital had provided for her as the head of the department.

She opened the door to be met with a figure sitting in her chair presumably waiting for her "Good to finally see you here at work Dr. Deluca", Andrew said as he got out of the chair and walked towards her "You know you're usually always on time"

"I'm not that late Andrea" she had scoffed at him knowing he would continue to tease her about him if she didn't kick him out soon, "Don't you have rounds to get to"

"Nope I am finally off shit and going home, but I couldn't leave without teasing my favorite sister about her being late knowing that it was probably her wife's doing" Carina had done nothing but dared at him before he lifted his arms up in surrender.

"First of all I'm your only sister and secondly I'll have you know that it was entirely Maya's fault but I won't be saying anything more about that" the Italian said reaching for her phone wanting to text her wife telling her that she had barely made it to work on time when she noticed that she had grabbed Maya's phone instead of her own which probably meant that Maya was heading to her shift with Carina's phone instead.

"Andrea..."

"Carina..." he said in the same tone mocking his sister.

Carina wanted to tell him off but that might not have been the best thing to do before asking him for a favor. "Can you please drop this off to Maya at the station before you go home, she's probably going to go crazy looking for it" she said with her best pleading expression.

"Of course I can Carina, besides it's probably a good excuse to see my favorite sister-in-law" Andrew winked.

"Again your only sister-in-law" she rolled her eyes but laughed at her little brothers antics glad she got to experience this every single day now

...

Vic was alone in the station stuck on desk duty again when she heard the front door to the station sound, a familiar figure standing in the doorway. "DeLucs?? to what do I owe this pleasure".

Andrew had rolled his eyes, he had occasionally seen Vic and members of the station around at the hospital and had developed a sort of banter with Vic and Ben, sometimes even going out for drinks at Joe with them and some coworkers from the hospital. "Hey Vic, I'm just looking for your Battalion Chief?"

"Oh Sullivan isn't Battalion Chief anymore" she was confused about why he was looking for Sullivan considering they had only talked maybe twice.

"Oh no I mean Maya? Maya Bishop? She's the new chief here right or am I at the wrong station" he turned around looking at the number, something he knew very well. There was no way he had mistaken his sister say 19, since it was the station he had worked the most with.

Vic was even more confused now to say the least, as far as she remembered Andrew and Maya had never interacted much before Maya had left. She could vaguely remember one call but Maya had barely spoken two words to Andrew back then. "No you're not mistaken she is the chief here, her office is upstairs" she said pointing towards the stairs. "Does she know you're coming by?"

"No but I don't think she would mind since I have her phone and I think she's probably going crazy without it" he said, holding up her phone in his hands and letting out a laugh.

"Um yeah that's okay you can just go upstairs her office is towards the right kinda hard to miss"

"Thank you so much Vic, it was great seeing you" the Italian said running up the stairs while Vic stood there perplexed wondering if she had missed something.

...

It had only been about 10 minutes since Andrew's arrival when the team had come back from a small residential fire. The owner had tripped over a candle setting fire to their curtains, but luckily 19 had showed up and put the fire out faster since the residents of the house had already gotten themselves out.

The trucks started rolling into the barn making Vic turn her head towards them waiting for her team to step out. Andy had given a short speech before retreating to her office, probably working on the incident report while the rest of the team had run towards the beanery probably in hopes of finishing their half eaten meal.

As usual the Battalion Chief's door was closed all the way but what made them do a double take was seeing a figure of a man standing inside talking to Maya. A figure that Ben had identified as Andrew DeLuca. He had tried to look away, giving the Battalion Chief her personal space when the door to the office opened and Andrew stepped out not before giving Maya a Hug.

Maya had then seen him looking her way and had quickly said her goodbyes and had shut the door as Andrew had started walking towards the stairs but stopped in his tracks when he saw Ben smiling at him and then waving.

It had been a while since Ben had seen Andrew or that had gone out for drinks with their hospital buddies but Miranda had told him that Andrew's sister had moved here recently, a sister that he had famously heard a lot about and so he made a quick decision to invite Andrew out for drinks.

"I heard your sisters in town, Miranda won't stop talking about her and how glad she is to have her at Grey-Sloan" he told Andrew "I heard the doctors at Grey-Sloan have really taken to her".

Andrew had laughed "Yeah Amelia and Teddy won't shut up about her either, she has that effect on people"

"You should invite her out to drinks sometimes, I can't believe we've known you for so long and have never met her"

"Well she hasn't visited Seattle much but now that she's here I'm sure she would love to come out for drinks. I'll ask her and tell you what she says" he said to the firefighter who nodded in response showing Andrew outside the station always glad to see the Italian.

...

Andrew thought Carina would appreciate it, going out with some of the doctors and also some of the firefighters from Maya's team but what he didn't know was that Carina had already made her mind about the firefighters at 19, she knew how they had treated Maya while Andrew was mostly clueless knowing bits and pieces of the information.

Carina had sworn to not make nice with anyone at 19, and when Andrew would tell her about the invite the next day she would swiftly say no saying she was busy, not really giving Andrew the real reason, because it was not her story to tell, but she would talk to her wife hoping she would tell him herself and that he wouldn't be too mad at Carina for declining the offer.