0 5

LOOK AT US NOW

Interviewer: When did you meet Daisy Jones?

Kathryn Summers: Billy had returned from rehab. It was after Christmas. A lot of shit happened within Billy returning from rehab and Christmas.

It was Winter of 1974 when Billy returned home from rehab. The band had been on hiatus for a few months now. Everyone was excited to welcome Billy home and get back into writing music.

"Welcome home, Billy," Kathryn smiled, throwing her arms around him. "We missed you," she said.

Billy noticed something different about Kathryn, there was life behind her eyes again. The colour was no longer drained from her face. She looked happier, healthier.

Kathryn thought that Billy looked like shit, to put it blunt. It looked like he had been through hell and back.

"Pittsburgh on three?" Warren chuckled.

"Hey, man, I... I got to show you this bass..." Eddie began, until he was cut off.

"Hey, Eddie, Eddie, Eddie. Just give him a minute, man," Graham said. "He's got to meet his daughter."

"Yeah, but it's good to see you guys," Billy said."

"Good to see you, Billy," Eddie said.

"Welcome home, man," Warren said.

The air was thick. Awkward. Like they were all treading on eggshells.

"Warren," Kathryn turned towards the curly haired boy, he smiled in her direction. "Shrooms?" She suggested.

Warren chuckled, taking her hand and dragging Kathryn up to his bedroom.

"Do you guys think shrooms is a code word for let's have sex?" Graham laughed, nudging Karen.

"They aren't having sex," Karen rolled her eyes. "If they were having sex I would know about it, trust me."

Eddie Roundtree: The label dropped us a week after the tour was canceled.

Warren Rojas: They made us pay back our advance and everything.

Graham Dunne: I kept us practicing as much as I could... and got a job at a body shop.

Warren Rojas: Yeah, I was working down at Malibu Harbor cleaning boats, which I loved, and, uh, and doing a lot of mushrooms. Which, I also loved.

Kathryn Summers: I started busking again, trying to scrape in enough money for our rent.

Eddie Roundtree: Basically, we were back where we started. Worse, even.

Interviewer: Are you still upset about it?

Eddie Roundtree: Me? Nah. I mean, holding onto that shit will be the death of you. But he really fսckеd us over.

Billy sat the band down that next day and told them he was out. That he had to look after his family. Kathryn's jaw was too floor, they had been so close, they were grasping onto fame and the lead singer was quitting the band.

"Who the fսck do you think you are, man?" Eddie asked, sat down on a chair, a cigarette between his fingers. Karen and Graham were leaning on a bench beside him, their heads down. Kathryn was sat on the couch her arms crossed over her chest, Warren right next to her, both of them tripping on shrooms.