1 2

THE KISS THAT CHANGED IT ALL

Kathryn Summers: We performed in Tulsa, Dallas, Fort Worth, we were performing to sold out crowds. It was incredible.

Rod Reyes: By Christmas, they had the number three song in the country and the number nine song in the country.
We booked them on Bandstand, Midnight Special.
There were rumors about Saturday Night Live.
All the shows were selling out, new dates being added all the time.
It was every band's dream come true.

Eddie Roundtree: Kathryn was the reason that people found out we were seeing each other. [Laughs] Turns our she was the jealous type.

"Fuck," Kathryn said, eyes wide, staring at the crowd as the bus came to a halt and the doors open. Rod was the first to get out, the rest of the band followed suit.

Kathryn walked behind Eddie, signing autographs left, right and centre. She smiled at a little girl who was screaming her name before looking up to watch where she was walking.

Kathryn watched as a girl gripped at Eddie's collar, pulling him into her and pushing her lips onto his. Kathryn saw red, pushing the girl off of him.

"Fuck off," she glared at her, her hands wrapping around Eddie's neck, pulling him in for the most sloppiest, most desperate, possessive kiss she had ever given another human being.

Warren Rojas: I mean... [Laughs] I couldn't look away.

Karen Sirko: That kiss is burnt into my memory.

Rod Reyes: I had to drag them off of each other and i'm sure if I didn't they would of had sex right there, right then for everyone to see.

Daisy Jones: I didn't even get to see it in person and I was right there. But the pictures were something to see.

Billy Dunne: Kathryn broke the media. Everyone was talking about the kiss and the rings on their fingers.
Yeah, pretty much everyone in the world put the pieces together. They were married and now everyone knew.

Graham Dunne: The pictures were nothing compared to seeing it in real life.

Camila Alvarez: I saw that picture in every magazine I read for the new couple of weeks. It was a surprise to me, to see that they were married.

Kathryn Summers: People still bring up that kiss to this day.
I didn't want that girl kissing my husband... I didn't even mean to out us, it just happened.

Eddie Roundtree: It was a great kiss.

Word spread like wildfire. Within the next hour the pictures had hit the press and by the end day everyone in America who cared, knew that Eddie Roundtree and Kathryn Summers were married,

Rumours were speculating. How long have they been together? Where was Kathryn's engagement ring? Were they really married or did they both exchange promise rings? Nobody could get the story straight and Kathryn loved reading the conspiracies people would write.

"You crazy?" Rod asked after Kathryn had asked him what his favourite genre of music was. The entire band, except for Billy, were sat on the couch of the party bus. "Well... that's like having a favorite kid. I dig it all, man..." Rod said. Kathryn rolled her eyes at his use of man, she wasn't a fucking man. "Doo-wop, boogie-woogie, rockabilly, country western, gospel, honky-tonk, big band, bebop, swing, jazz, folk, soul," Rod said. "You name it, I can dig it. Music is my life. I mean, hell, why else would I do a job like this?" Rod asked. "I love it so much I even put up with the fucking musicians."

Everyone laughed, clinking their drinks together.

"You know what I like?" Kathryn smiled, sat comfy on Eddie's lap. "I like getting on that fucking stage to a sold out crowd and playing my heart out to people," Kathryn said. "Whether they like me, or hate me."