1 4

POSITIVE

"You left me in the fucking shower?!" Was all Kathryn heard from the outside of her and Eddie's suite. Eddie threw the door open and Kathryn was right behind him, peering out into the hallway to see Daisy and Nicky fighting.

"I said pack your shit up and get out of here!" Daisy yelled, throwing Nicky's bag towards him.

"No," Nicky said. Daisy scoffed, picking up a nearby vase. "Daisy," Nicky said. By now, Warren, Graham, Kathryn and Eddie had all moved closer to Daisy, watching as she shattered the vase against the wall.

Nicky stood dumbfounded, staring at her. Daisy shoved her hands against his chest and he reacted, attempting to throw a fist at her face. Kathryn blinked and suddenly Warren, Eddie and Graham were onto him, just like they had done with Tom.

"You heard the lady. You heard her," Warren said.

Kathryn was pulled back, memories flooding her mind. Things she hadn't thought about in months all coming back. How she had always been so quiet until the very last second. Kathryn couldn't stand it, standing there, watching yet another man treat a woman like shit.

"You're making a huge fucking mistake," Nicky said, picking up his bags. "You'll regret this."

Kathryn laughed, an ironic sound escaping her mouth. Ironic because Tom had said the same exact thing to her. Kathryn stepped forward.

"Shut the fuck up," Kathryn said, glaring at him. Eddie snatched her wrist, pulling her back towards him.

Nicky shot Kathryn a glare before stalking off. Daisy pushed the boys away and they backed off, leaving her to be. Kathryn noticed she was seconds from breaking down and pulled her in for a hug, Karen joining the pair of them, silently holding Daisy while she sobbed.

Daisy wanted to be alone, she locked her door and didn't speak to anyone. Kathryn retuned to her room, where a concerned Eddie was waiting.

"I know you wanted to help Daisy," Eddie began once Kathryn closed the door. "But you really shouldn't of said a word to that jackass, Kathryn," Eddie sighed.

"I refuse to be the kind of woman who keeps her mouth shut," Kathryn said. "I can't, not anymore, not after what I went through."

"I understand, Kat," Eddie said. "I just... I care about you, I don't think i'd be able to handle it if anyone in this world hurt you."

"I'm tough," Kathryn said as Eddie made his way over to her, taking her hands into his.

"I know," Eddie nodded.

"I can take care of myself," Kathryn said.

Eddie pressed a kiss to her forehead, pulling her as close as he could. "You always will," Eddie smiled, looking down at her. "But now I can help you. Now we take care of each other."

Kathryn Summers: Something was in the air. Everything was changing and I could feel it.
Daisy didn't want to party anymore, she ditched the party and spent her nights either alone in her hotel suite or sleeping on Billy's bus.
We had the top album in America. We were nominated for all different kind of awards. We performed on Saturday Night Live, but still, something wasn't right.
And then Spring of '77 is when everything changed... for me, anyway.