1 6

CHICAGO

4pm. Soundcheck.

"Anyone have a guess where they might be?" Rod asked. Daisy and Billy hadn't shown up. "Anyone?" He repeated, everyone looked over at him shaking their heads. "Fuck sake."

Karen approached Kathryn as she tuned her guitar.

"How did you go?" Karen asked, her voice low. "With the pregnancy test I mean."

"I'm pregnant, Karen," Kathryn said. Karen blinked, she didn't know if Kathryn was happy about it or sad about it. Until Kathryn broke out into a smile. "I'm having a baby," she giggled, throwing her arms around Karen.

"I'm so happy for you," Karen said, rubbing her back.

Graham had overheard every word the two of them spoke and he was frozen, staring at Kathryn. He had just found out today that Karen had terminated her pregnancy and standing here now, finding out that Kathryn and Eddie got to live out his dreams with each other, it stung.

"Congratulations, Kat," Graham said. Kathryn looked over at him, she didn't expect him to overhear her, but she smiled anyway.

Kathryn knew he was upset about losing his chance and although Kathryn was on Karen's side, she still walked over to him and gave him a hug. "Thank you," Kathryn whispered.

Graham melted into her touch, like all the pressure and sadness he felt was being washed away by Kathryn. Like finally there was someone who understood how he was feeling.

"What's with all the hugging," Warren laughed. Kathryn pulled away from Graham and turned to look at Warren, Eddie was stood next to him.

Kathryn glanced between Warren and Eddie. "Do you wanna tell him?" Kathryn asked Eddie.

Eddie cleared his throat, looking down at his feet. Warren and Eddie had just had a quarrel while everyone else was too focused on Kathryn and her big news.

"Kathryn's pregnant, we're gonna be parents," Eddie smiled.

Warren's jaw dropped, smiling hard at the news. "No fucking way," he said and something sparked behind his eyes, glancing over at Eddie, he finally understood what Eddie was saying. "This is the best news i've heard all day," Warren laughed, pulling Eddie in for a hug before moving over to Kathryn, throwing his arms around her.

"Uncle Warren," Kathryn smiled, ruffling his curls.

Warren Rojas: I still remember how felt after hearing that news. I was so damn happy for them.

Karen Sirko: Me and Kat were like total opposites, she was so excited to have a baby and even the thought of having a baby, to me, was terrifying.
But I was still excited for her, everyone wants different things in life.

Graham Dunne: It's hard being happy for someone when they have what you want.
Sure, I congratulated her, but I don't know if I really meant it.
I was really grateful for that hug Kathryn gave me. I knew that she knew.
Kathryn was always good at comforting people without using a single word.

Camila was pacing back and forth outside her suite, tear stained cheeks.

"Cam?" Kathryn asked, breathless, having just finished soundcheck. "Camila, what's wrong?" Kathryn asked, hugging the distressed girl.