Chapter 35

Luo Wencheng couldn't help but sigh that Du Taozheng's nerves were too good; he packed his things as if nothing had happened. The group soon dispersed and went home to organise and perfect today's harvest. On Monday, the two clubs would have a meeting.

Luo Wencheng suppressed his mood and spent the weekend calmly. It was a pity that he did not see Lu Chong who seemed to be very busy.

On Sunday night, he made a lot of food that was easy to store or could be warmed up without affecting the taste, and put it in the fridge. This was prepared for Lu Chong.

Although he lived in school, he couldn't miss out on leaving a good impression whenever he could.

He didn't notice Uncle Ding's somewhat complicated expression and played with Ribs for a while. At midnight, he stood quietly in the bathroom, suffering the pain of a thousand cuts in his stomach.

He could basically endure this kind of pain now, and his expression would be less distorted. He found that the most troublesome thing about living in the dormitory was that he couldn't run to the toilet in the middle of the night every time, or his roommates would think he was doing certain things there.

So he could only spend this period of time lying on the bed without moving. After a long time, he could count it as practising. The only problem was that he couldn't control his sweating. The quilt was damp every night, so he could only change it frequently.

When it was finally over, Luo Wencheng collapsed on the washbasin, sweating profusely, panting for a long time, then took a shower, returned to bed and fell asleep, exhausted.

When he got back to school the next day, he was a little impatient to find out what Du Taozheng would do next, but he could only keep quiet. When he met Du Taozheng and Zheng Chang at the evening meeting, they both behaved normally.

Luo Wencheng was a little disappointed, but not too anxious.

The appearance of bones at the abandoned construction site of the Luo family was not necessarily related to the Luo family. It was not easy to investigate, but the fact that the Luo family had given up the land in the first place was the biggest oddity in itself, so as long as someone was intent on finding trouble with the Luo family, they would never let go of this clue.

As long as the Zheng and Du families were willing to investigate, they would definitely have results. After all, when Luo Wenhao killed people, he was fourteen the first time and eighteen the second time. Both times, things were not done cleanly.

As for their unwillingness to check?

The Zheng family needed to do something big to get a chance to be promoted, and the relationship between the Du family and the Luo family was not friendly.

The Luo family needed a positive image and press, and needed to cover up certain bad things. They repeatedly bribed the Du family to do things for them.

There were generations of journalists in the Du family, many of whom were righteous and passionate. The behaviour of the Luo family naturally made them unhappy, and the more times they did it, the more the Du family felt that it was exclusively working for the Luo family but was not treated with respect. Who would be pleased with that?

In the days that followed, Luo Wencheng, through his listening to conversations and his observations of Du Taozheng and Zheng Chang, did find that they should be in possession of something crucial.

The only thing was that these two people looked at Luo Wencheng with somewhat complicated eyes every time.

Luo Wencheng was puzzled at first and then he realised: they couldn't be concerned about him, could they?