Chapter 55

"Lu Jiuding, I'm leaving! I'm not coming back when I leave this time!"

"Then I'll find you."

"No, you can't find me."

"Can't you not leave?"

"But I'm going home... Hey, are you sad? Don't be sad, you will meet other friends, and I also have many friends."

"......"

"Say something, you're not going to cry, are you?"

"...I just want you to be my friend."

"Hey, how can someone your age be more coquettish than me? Just treat it as if I moved. When your good friend moves, you will be very sad first. You will miss him every day. But after a while, you will forget him. And you will make other friends soon, just like one doesn't like the same person forever."

The young man in his memory said it with certainty and confidence.

And he himself in his memory was sad and resentful at that time and said in a sullen voice: "I won't. I won't make other friends. I... I will only like you."

"Hey?" The young man suddenly became shy, scratched his head, and then showed a distressed expression, "But if we can't meet, you will soon forget me."

"I won't."

"You will."

"I won't!"

"You will definitely!"

"......"

"......"

The two looked at each other childishly, and finally the other party lost the battle, squatted on the ground and plucked the grass: "But it will really take a long, long, long time for us to see each other again. Will you really not forget me?"

"I won't." He squatted down happily and cautiously, "I will never forget you for the rest of my life."

"Well, then let me count, ten years, you will be able to see me in ten years... Hey, no, it's thirteen years... Well, maybe it's not enough, then at most fifteen years. I will definitely come to you in fifteen years, okay?"

In his memory he was stunned: "Ten, fifteen years? So long?"

"Hey! Who just said that it doesn't matter if it is for the rest of your life?"

"But, but, you can tell me your address, and I'll find you," he said cautiously.

"I told you you can't find me." The young man muttered, "It's useless to look for me."

"What if you don't come in fifteen years?"

"Well, that would be me forgetting about you."

"......"

"Oh, I'm joking. If I don't come to you, you, you build an amusement park in Beicheng next to Haining, in the wasteland where we hid together. A big, big one. I will definitely come to play there when I see it, and then you will find me!"

"An amusement park?"

"Yes ah, but don't worry, I'll come to you first, we'll build the amusement park together, I'll draw the plans, you'll pay for it."

"Good."

"Then it's a deal, let's pinky swear!"

"Fifteen years." Lu Chong gently stroked the concept drawing of the amusement park, "You said fifteen years, but it's been sixteen years, and you still haven't come.

"You are right, no one can only like one person for the rest of their lives. I betrayed my promise and I can't control my heart.

"I even thought at one point that I would just leave it like that, live my own life, take control of the people around me, and just let you be a thing of the past.