INTRODUCTION

"Lost in the labyrinth of my mind,"

Aurora Taylor's childhood is the definition of life-altering trauma.

Her childhood memories had been clouded with evil, her vision of her future forever altered, her passions pushed to the side, her mind now focused on making amends for the actions of others, saving lives to make up for the bloodshed staining her past, hiding her truest self to keep her from being found by those she feared she would one day become.

She spent years forging a broken and scared child into someone else, someone stronger, with thicker skin and a colder heart, someone who didn't care about the opinions of others, an FBI agent who could survive anything and didn't depend on anyone to help her or come to her rescue because no one would, they hadn't in the past why would they start now?

After working on an intense case together in New York, Aurora is given the chance to pursue her profiling career with the highly respected Behavioral Analysis Unit. How will the BAU handle Aurora Taylor and her dark past?

Will Aurora bring out a smile in the man who lost himself to the job?

Will he help her come to terms with her dark past and regain pieces she had lost of herself?

Could two people afraid to be alone but afraid to let people in, open up to one another?

Trigger warning: Plots surrounding murder, sexual assault, child abuse, self-harm, suicide, child loss, and mental health.

For triggering pieces of writing I'll place *** at the beginning of the paragraph and the end, if there are parts you think could be triggering that don't have this, please let me know.