CHAPTER SIX: STAB HAPPY COPYCAT WITH HIS HERO'S SPUNK.

Morning dew dripped onto her from the canopy of leaves hanging overhead as dawn began to peek through the blanket of trees surrounding her, mud molded under her feet as she moved quickly across the uneven terrain, the frosty morning air burning he...

Morning dew dripped onto her from the canopy of leaves hanging overhead as dawn began to peek through the blanket of trees surrounding her, mud molded under her feet as she moved quickly across the uneven terrain, the frosty morning air burning her throat and lungs, forming small clouds in the air each time she let out a strained breath and sending goosebumps running up her bare calves that screamed out for her to slow down. She didn't listen to her body's protests instead, she focused on which direction she would take as she drew closer to the end of her morning run through Rock Creek Park.

"You know, your opinion would help me make a decision that affects your life also," Aurora called across to her running partner, the dark-haired male remained silent and continued running alongside her, his attention more focused on his wooded surroundings, "Fine, I guess I'm making all the decisions! thanks for the help!" She told him, increasing her pace, her lips forming a bright smile as he worked to catch up to her, racing her to the finishing point.

The woman's pace slowed when she crossed the finish line, her partner just managing to beat her across the line, they both stood silent and still for a moment slowing their overworked lungs and hearts to an acceptable pace before they began heading back to their home only a few minutes away. "If I take this new job, the pros are that we'll stay here in DC, I'm at a slightly lower risk of getting shot, and I get to profile... but I would lose a team leader that doesn't scold my choice of clothes, I'll have to go along with the rules more often, I would have to work with the man who arrested my parents and I'd have Erin bloody Strauss as a superior." She rambled, looking across at her companion as she continued walking.

A couple of weeks had passed since the events in New York, Aurora's undercover assignment had ended, and she had returned to Washington to await her new assignment, whether it be taking up another undercover assignment or transferring to the BAU, the decision had been left to her, Andi Swann had refused to decide for her, "You need to decide for yourself," She had told the younger agent. Making decisions regarding her own life wasn't something Aurora excelled at.

"If I take this new undercover opportunity, the pros are, that I don't have to work with David Rossi, I get to live in the gray area of rules, I don't get scolded for showing a bit of skin, I get to kick the crap out of people and be someone else for an indefinite amount." She explained, hands moving through the air as she spoke,  "But the downside is, I miss out on a chance to profile more, remain here in DC with the people I care about and I have to get a psych eval,"

They finally reached their apartment building, escaping the frosty morning and entering the slightly warming entrance, stopping to help an old lady out the door before they headed towards the elevator, her dark-haired friend looked up at her, head tilted to the side, "I know, your right" She muttered after a moment, "I'd be an idiot to pass on it and you'd hate having to live in Texas, hot, muggy too many gunshots in the night," He let out a huff, stepping out of the elevator first when it arrived at their floor, he immediately dashed down the hall to their door, bouncing on the spot waiting for her to catch up, she smiled and opened the door, allowing him to rush inside and immediately collapse on the couch, exhaustion overcoming him.