chapter twelve. find a job

The floor seems to stick to Daphne's face as she wakes up next to Conrad, her face on his

The floor seems to stick to Daphne's face as she wakes up next to Conrad, her face on his. She yawns, pulling away from him. When she finally sits up, her head seems to swing, she pats him on the cheek but he doesn't wake up and she doesn't have it in her to do anything else. She pulls her legs off his back. When she pulls herself onto the couch, Nicole walks into the living room, a green drink in her hand. "Morning," she whispers, sitting down next to Daphne who groans at the sound, it's still too loud. She takes the drinks, shuts her nose and finishes it all.

"It's disgusting, I know," Nicole smiles at Daphne and she can still taste it in her mouth. She feels even more sick now, she rests her head on Nicole's, humming along to the Taylor Swift song Nicole is playing softly in the background. She's known Nicole for five years, Conrad introduced her and Jesper to the group and then Jesper started dating Ash so he would come around more than Nicole. "I think I'm alright," she lifts her head up, her nose brushing Nicole's chin, making the girl giggle at the feeling. "You have a cute laugh," Daphne smiles, their faces are inches apart but before Nicole can say anything, Conrad jumps off the ground and the two pull away.

"You're not dead! Huzzah!" Daphne nearly jumps him back to the ground. "Can't talk. Have work," Conrad picks up his shoes and then heads out the door in a flash. "Hey," Nicole gets up, Daphne's gaze goes back to her, a small smile on her lips. "Hey, I know you can't be with the person you really wanna be with," she starts and Daphne takes a step back. "But don't use me as a distraction," Daphne nods and Nicole pulls her into a side hug. "I just don't understand why your guys can't be together. It's so obvious to everyone," Daphne shakes her head, pulling out of her friend's grasp. "I can't talk about this," she pulls on her shoes that have been scattered across the room. "I also have work,"

"You don't have a job,"

"I should find one,"