chapter seventeen. love sick

The sun shines in her face when she wipes the sleep from her eyes

The sun shines in her face when she wipes the sleep from her eyes. Daphne wakes up to a message from Belly. She smiles to herself and puts her phone down, going out to take a shower. After getting changed into a summer dress, she walks into the girl's room. "Belly!" She calls but she only finds Junior Mint. She didn't even know Belly still had that.

Daphne walks into the kitchen and pours herself a cup of coffee as Jeremiah walks in. "Morning, want me to brew a new pot?" She asks and he shakes his head as she takes a sip of her black coffee, the taste is bitter and she doesn't care.

"Or just have this." She hands him the cup. "Want some eggs, I can make some." She starts brewing a new pot as he shakes his head. "What's with the good mood?" He asks and in the corner of her eye she can see Conrad walk into the kitchen. "Just happy to be alive after you tried to blow me up last night." She says as Conrad puts down a batch of the good muffins.

"I said I'm sorry, I didn't see you guys out there." Jeremiah explains and she shrugs. "It's fine." She takes a muffin. "What were you guys even doing out there anyway?"

"Probably kissing." Conrad makes kissing sounds and Daphne shoves him to the side. "Shut up, we were just talking."

"About?" Jeremiah asks and Conrad laughs. "Don't you have a pool to vaccum or something?" He asks and Jeremiah heads over to work.

"He was definitely trying to kill you on purpose." Conrad said when Laurel walked through the door. "Hey Laurel." The two smiled as they headed for the door. "Have a muffin, we're going to the fancy people club." Daphne pulls Conrad out the door.

"I don't think he meant it." Daphne gets into the car and opens the window, sticking her head out. "You're just love sick and blind and love stupid, of course he meant it." The drive isn't as long as she expects.

"You're just a hater." She pulls herself out and rests her arms on the top of the car as the pull up to the club and she climbs out of the window.

"No, you hooligan, I'm just smarter than you." He scolds and shuts her window. When they head up the steps, they find Jeremiah walking away from Belly and he walks past them.

"I was right." Conrad waves at Nicole and Daphne waves at Belly. "Let's go, you've seen your girl and I've seen mine." Conrad pulls her away as the girls go back to their class.