chapter twenty. anxiety attack

Daphne could pin point the exact moment she fell in love with Isabel Conklin

They were twelve and thirteen and laying on Daphne's bed. The two girls would spend every night listening to music together until they got so sleepy they both just fell asleep but tonight Belly wanted to play her special playlist which was just Taylor Swift which Daphne didn't mind at all.

When a song came up that wasn't sung by Swift, Daphne had to get up and make sure she wasn't losing her mind.

"What's playing?" She turned over to Belly who smiled. "It's called Turning Page, it was in my movie." Belly started dancing by herself as Daphne laughed.

"What movie?" Daphne couldn't exactly remember the last time she watched any movie, she preferred music or going out back then. At thirteen she could only sit still if she was tired.

"Twilight." Belly smiled and Daphne bit back a laugh before Belly shushed her. "This is actually the most beautiful song I've ever heard." Belly took Daphne's hands into her own as she pulled the girl to her feet.

Daphne danced with her, her hands on Belly's hips as they swayed around the room, laughing at themselves and stepping on each other's toes.

"I don't see how you like this song this much." Daphne scrunched her nose and shook her head. "Just listen to the words and imagine someone you like is saying this to you. Close your eyes." Daphne did as she was told and she could practically feel Belly's heart race against her chest.

"Your love is my turning page, and only the sweetest words remain. Every kiss is a cursive line, every touch is a redefining phrase." Belly's voice was so soft her breath felt like a gentle touch against Daphne.

"I surrender who I've been for who you are." And then Daphne opened her eyes and saw Belly looking into her eyes and she didn't have to imagine anyone because the only person she wanted to sing her anything was right in front of her.

Daphne stood between Malia and Ash as they finished a few things for the competition. "So Taylor is here." Malia brought up as Daphne sat down at her picnic table.

"Cute." She was already on her phone as Malia and Ash looked over at each other. "I think she might be an idiot." Malia said and Ash shook her head. "I know she's an idiot." Ash corrected.

"What are you on about?" Daphne looked up at them. "We all know the best way to get into a girl's good books is to befriend her best friend. They whisper in your ear and right now Taylor is whispering Team Jeremiah." Malia explained, pulling a chair next to Daphne's.

"Taylor is Team Jeremy?" James approached them in his white and dark blue Team James shirt that he cut in half to be cropped. "I'm Team Daph." Jesper was behind the fair haired boy.

"Even though I'm scary and mean?" Daphne quoted what he told her after she threw a water balloon the side of a rock at him. "Even if you're scary as shit and mean as an eighth grader." Jesper patted her head, throwing himself on Ash's lap.