2 - i promise, chaeyoung

Turning her hips to the other side, Jisoo stretched as she got herself ready for the upcoming PE lesson. She was literally so bad in sports, and that's kind of expected, she's a nerd, a nerd for the subjects that you sit in lessons.

She's not just bad, she's the worst.

Once, during volleyball lessons, her braids got into the way when she leapt forward to catch the ball, making her tumble over onto a few of her classmates. She nearly cried, not just from embarrassment, but also because the classmates of hers took their revenge from dumping her lunch (the one her mom spent hours making for her) into the bin.

Jisoo was always getting bullied by people, but the bullying seemed to have died down a bit because everytime someone wanted to bully her, Chaeyoung was always a few metres away from Jisoo, silently protecting and looking after her. Of course, no one- except for Jisoo of course- saw her stalking the raven, so that was fine for the meantime.

Knowing Suzy would literally kill her for letting Chaeyoung call her her friend, Jisoo didn't want to take the risk. Also, she didn't want much attention from the students, she prefers quietness a lot more.

So for now, Chaeyoung being best friends with Jisoo is a secret that only the both of them know.

Although Chaeyoung was frustrated that Jisoo wasn't standing up for herself and is just letting herself to be bullied and made fun of by other students, she respected Jisoo and in a way, she understands why Jisoo was doing so.

If she didn't allow the bullies to make fun of her, Jisoo knows, that there would be consequences.

As much as she wanted to protest, she couldn't, not when Suzy- the one leading the bullying- was pretty and had a whole gang backing her up. So she just accepts it.

Suddenly gasps filled the room, and Jisoo snapped out of her trance, whipping her head around to see what the commotion was about. Her jaw dropped.

Park Chaeyoung was standing there in a crop top and sweatpants, her hair tied up into a bun as her eyes was busy hopping around, looking for someone. When her eyes finally met Jisoo's, they stopped hopping and turned into crescents. Jisoo gulped at the sight of Chaeyoung looking like this while smiling at her.

Chaeyoung smiled at Jisoo as her eyes twinkled, because she had just won the scholarship for sports at their school, the principal allowed her to switch classes for the rest of the semester. She switched with her friend, Seulgi, when she found out that Seulgi was classmates with Jisoo.

She was aware that Seulgi had never bullied Jisoo- she was really grateful to know that her friend wouldn't do this type of shit. But knowing Seulgi, the girl never really kept up with socialising with others- she was already in the popular group and so she didn't really want to make other friends- the girl- like Chaeyoung- probably never knew about the bullying.

So, to hold the promise of being Jisoo's stalker-slash-bodyguard, she decided to switch classes with Seulgi. She had told Seulgi that she just wanted to change just so Seulgi could sit with Irene, obviously Seulgi knew there was something more to it, she just didn't question the blonde further. She had somehow convinced everyone- and herself that she was switching because of that reason, but deep in Chaeyoung's heart, she knew that she didn't switch to be a matchmaker.

She switched because she wanted to see Jisoo more often.

And because she didn't want the bullies to bully Jisoo.

Feeling everyone's gaze still on her, Chaeyoung slowly turned back around. She knew how uncomfortable Jisoo was with attention by people whom she didn't trust, and that was the last thing Chaeyoung had wanted Jisoo to feel.