12 - always here for you

"Are you okay? Oh my god, i can't believe she really did that..." Chaeyoung wrapped her arms around Jisoo tightly, a hand soothing her scalp as the raven buried her head into the soft fabric of the blonde's hoodie. She sniffled, trying not to cry and embarrass herself more in front of Chaeyoung.

The blonde's heart shattered when she saw Jisoo's innocent, tearful eyes looking up at her. Holding back a few tears of her own,  she caressed Jisoo's cheek delicately, hoping the few strokes of her thumb that wiped away a lone tear could somehow mend the raven's heart, at least a little.

They stayed like that, Chaeyoung holding Jisoo protectively in her arms, both staring into each other eyes with unknown fondness, and love. Looking at Jisoo's beautiful brown irises, the blonde wishes she could see, and realise just how much she adores her.

It was a silent confession, both of them wishing that their unsaid love could cross each other's minds, very much lost in their own little world.

It was ridiculous, Jisoo thought. How could Chaeyoung ever know that she liked her— or loved her like that? How could she know if she doesn't tell her? If she doesn't say it out loud? It's ridiculous, Jisoo knows it is. But the mere thought of Chaeyoung knowing how she truly feels about her, the thought of Chaeyoung being awkward around her...it made Jisoo want to cry. To Jisoo, confessing is even more terrifying than Suzy.

Because she let herself trust Chaeyoung. She let herself fall in love with her, she let herself dwell in the delusion of having a chance with Chaeyoung. She found herself wanting the blonde around her all the time, she found herself blushing bright red at Chaeyoung's silly compliments.

Jisoo knows she likes Chaeyoung.

She does, but instead of being brave and telling the blonde the truth, she decides to bury it deep inside her heart— at least for now.

"What's on your mind, sooyaa? You look so lost in thought. Is anything bothering you?" Chaeyoung said quietly, as if not wanting to pierce the fragile mood. It just feels right, she thought, to be quiet.

Suddenly forgetting the encounter with Suzy, Jisoo gave her a small smile. "I'm not bothered right now. in fact, I'm happy." Jisoo replies in a soft and delicate voice.

Hearing her response, Chaeyoung chuckles a little. Jisoo is currently being way too cute for her heart. "And may i know why is that?"

Jisoo blushed, thinking of whether to lie to the blonde, or to go with the truth. Well, she decided with the truth. "Y-You're here." She whispered, then buried her head back into Chaeyoung's chest.

The blonde blushed deeply, her heart jamming loudly against her chest. Internally screaming, she just could not hide the stupid grin slipping out onto her mouth. "Because of me? You're happy because of me?" Chaeyoung happily murmured, feeling the cute raven nodding against her chest.

"Yeah, you k-know i don't have any f-friends. I-I'm happy that you l-like me, no one does. you saw s-suzy." Jisoo said in a small voice, timidly locking her fingers around Chaeyoung's waist.

Chaeyoung frowned a little. "Soo, you know Suzy's an idiot. And also, my friends also like you a lot!" She said, pouting. Hearing the pout in Chaeyoung's voice, Jisoo leant back a little, peeking to see if the blonde was really pouting.

She was.

And that made Jisoo giggle.

And hearing Jisoo's giggle made Chaeyoung grin.

Jisoo pouts, Chaeyoung coos. Chaeyoung pouts, Jisoo giggles. Jisoo giggles, Chaeyoung grins.

Happy Jisoo, happy Chaeyoung.

What makes Chaeyoung happy?

Easy, Jisoo.

-

-

-

-

-

"Chaeyoung ahh...what do you wanna do?" Jisoo pouted, adjusting her glasses as she pouted at her shyly.

Smiling at how adorable Jisoo looked, Chaeyoung scooted closer to Jisoo. "Hmm...I don't know. Do you wanna watch a movie?" She asked, reaching for Jisoo's hand, slowly kneading it.

Blushing, Jisoo let her hand be played by Chaeyoung as she was more concerned of the fact that her heart was bam-ing real hard against her chest right now. Shaking her head to force herself to snap out of it, she returned her focus onto Chaeyoung's question. "I don't know, I heard lots of people going crazy for that Netflix show. I think it's called Wednesday." She answered.

"Wednesday? You sure you wanna watch Wednesday? Okay, let me get some popcorn and coke for us. I know you love coke. Hang on!" Chaeyoung said, running to the living room excitedly.

Before Jisoo could even react to Chaeyoung, the blonde had already came back with her hands full of yummy goods. Giggling at Chaeyoung's enthusiasm, Jisoo grabbed Ms. Bunny and settled on the blonde's king sized bed.

"Are you sure you wanna watch Wednesday? I heart from Jennie who heard from Seulgi that it's a bit scary." Chaeyoung double checked with Jisoo, she knew the girl was easily scared, and the last thing she wanted was to frighten Jisoo the first time she was over at her house.

Jisoo smiled and nodded her head. "If we aren't going to watch or do anything that has a possibility of scaring me, we can't watch or do anything." She said, making Chaeyoung chuckle a little.

"Well then let's watch it. You have me to hold you when you get scared anyway." Chaeyoung said in a matter-of-fact way, her words making Jisoo blush furiously. Eyes growing wide, she gulped, not liking how much the blonde affects her.

Chaeyoung noticed Jisoo's gulp, then looked at her curiously. "Chu, you okay? If you suddenly decide that you don't wanna watch Wednesday, it's okay! We can do something else. If you suddenly regret it, tell me, okay? I'll change it to something happier. Maybe like peppa pig or like Barbie, I love them both!!" She said innocently.

Jisoo suddenly felt her heart swell with happiness, gratefulness, and surprise. If she was being completely honest, Jisoo never exactly had a best friend, nor someone who actually cares for her before. She smiled so wide, (Chaeyoung swore to herself she would do anything to see that smile again) and gently leant the back of her head onto Chaeyoung's chest.

The blonde grinned, feeling like she just won in life. (Every time Jisoo smiles because of her makes her feel like she won in life.) Slowly, she circled her arms around Jisoo's hips, then gently pulled her onto her lap. Jisoo tensed a bit, but slowly warmed up when she felt Chaeyoung nuzzling her cheek onto her shoulder. Shyly, Jisoo leant back, forcing herself to relax in Chaeyoung's arms.

"Let's start the movie." Chaeyoung whispered, pressing 'play' on her TV remote.

Seulgi lied. To Chaeyoung, who was an expert in watching horror movies, was obviously fine as she watched, but to Jisoo, who was afraid of even the littlest things, was absolutely terrified. She didn't want to embarrass herself if she told Chaeyoung, so she told herself to be brave and finish watching it without worrying Chaeyoung.

It was a bit stupid for Jisoo to think she was looking completely fine on the outside, that she could hide the fact of her being scared from Chaeyoung. Jisoo's face was white, her body trembling as her hand clutched Chaeyoung's arm.

The blonde knew Jisoo was easily scared, so she wasn't surprised. Instead of laughing and mocking her about the fact that Jisoo was currently being scared of something even ten year olds watch, Chaeyoung snuck her arms around Jisoo, tugging her slowly so she could properly hold her. Placing hesitant but caring kisses onto Jisoo's hair, she whispered at Jisoo's ear, making the raven blush.

"You don't have to pretend to be fine when you're with me, Jisoo, I'm here and I'll always be here for you."

Feeling touched and contented, Jisoo just nodded shyly, snuggling in Chaeyoung's warm arms.

Chaeyoung smiled, holding her tighter.

Both were blushing and getting goosebumps from each other's warmth, but neither of them knew that as red painted their cheeks, it painted their hearts as well.

-

To be continued <3