14 - don't be scared

The sound of birds chirping annoyed Jisoo's earbuds enough to wake her up. The raven yawned, closing her droopy eyes for another second before opening them again. She was about to sit up and stretch for a little— a normal routine that she does every day when she wakes up— when she realised that there was an arm wrapped around her body.

Shocked, Jisoo immediately looked up, and found herself staring at the culprit— a blonde who was currently asleep. With wide eyes, the raven panicked, scanning everywhere to find out how she managed to end up cuddling with Park Chaeyoung.

Park. Freaking. Chaeyoung.

She was cuddling with Park. Freaking. Chaeyoung.

The same Chaeyoung who made her heart jam hard against her chest, the same Chaeyoung who occupied her mind day and night, the same Chaeyoung who got her out of her comfort zone, who was there for her when nobody was.

Jisoo glanced down, blushing when she saw Chaeyoung's arms around her body.

How did i even end up in her arms?? Jisoo thought, shaking her head whilst giggling softly, blushing even harder.

Feeling slight movement on her chest, the blonde involuntarily opened an eye. She didn't regret it however, because what greeted her was the oh-so-cute scene of Jisoo blushing and giggling in her arms.

She opened the other eye, then just stared at Jisoo, who didn't realise that Chaeyoung was already awake when she started playing with the blonde's fingers with her head lying on her chest.

"Good morning, cutie."

Jisoo jumped, instantly burying her head into the crook of Chaeyoung's neck, whimpering. Chaeyoung, perhaps realising that she had scared the raven, cooed and caressed her back slowly. "Don't be scared, it's just me." she whispered.

The raven scowled, hitting Chaeyoung's arms. "I told you not to scare me!!" She whined, her warm breath hitting Chaeyoung's neck.

Flustered, Chaeyoung sucked in a breath, red entering her cheeks. Deciding to laugh it off, the blonde tried her best to hide her red cheeks. "i didn't know you would be scared. You are so cute." She said as if it's the most obvious thing ever.

A warm blush on her cheeks, Jisoo couldn't help but to smile shyly in Chaeyoung's neck, though technically she should be mad at her. At least, play mad at her. "You would be scared as well if you turn and find someone who's supposed to be asleep staring at you." She reasoned out, making Chaeyoung chuckle again.

"I won't be scared, Chu. I'm your protector and bodyguard. I'm supposed to protect you from things that scare or upset you." She said seriously, puffing out her chest and playfully patting Jisoo's back.

Jisoo blsuhed again. Dear lord, she was about to get a damn fever if she kept blushing this much. "Isn't a protector the same thing as a bodyguard?" She pointed out, giggling at Chaeyoung's silliness.

Suddenly, a noise interrupted them. It was the sound of a door opening and closing, followed by footsteps. Jisoo quickly looked at Chaeyoung with fear in her eyes, then grabbed her glasses from the nightstand next to them. Panicking, Jisoo moved away from Chaeyoung's warm arms-- or tried to, at least, beacuse the blonde pulled her back in the next second.

"Calm down Chu, it's just my mom and dad. Don't worry." Chaeyoung said in a gentle manner, trying her best to soothe the panicked girl in her arms. She understood that the girl would be afraid, after all, she has never even met her parents, and it was her nature. Chaeyoung knew that except for Jisoo's parents, she was the only one that Jisoo trusts, that Jisoo would be completely truthful to.

Chaeyoung's soft voice calmed Jisoo down a little, and she tried to control her breathing the best she could, Chaeyoung's sweet scent helping by a lot. Chaeyoung's parents are good people, Chaeyoung's parents are good people, Chaeyoung's parents are good people...Jisoo forced herself to remember that.

The door of Chaeyoung's room clicked open gently, revealing Chaeyoung's mom and dad standing in the doorway. Jisoo tensed again in the blonde's arms, refusing to look up. She was scared to death and Chaeyoung knew that.

"Shhh..it's okay, it's just my parents." Chaeyoung murmured, looking up to the worried faces from her mother and father. "Hey mom. Hey dad. Mom, this is Jisoo. Jisoo, this is my mom. And dad, you've met her before." she introduced, even though Jisoo still wouldn't look up.

However, Jisoo didn't start crying, and that was a green light for her parents to come into her room. "Is she okay?" Her mom mouthed, concern evident in her green eyes as she and her husband sat on the carpet on Chaeyoung's floor.

The blonde nodded. "she's just scared, mom. She's been hurt too much." Chaeyoung explained sadly, mouthing the second sentence as she didn't want to trigger any of Jisoo's bad memories. "Soo, it's alright, it's okay. I'm your bodyguard, right? No one will be able to hurt you when i'm around." She continued in a gentle voice, and Tiffany-- her mother-- smirked, mentally reminding herself to tease her daughter about this later.

As if finally hearing Chaeyoung, Jisoo moved slowly, shaking as she raised her head to finally look at Chaeyoung's parents. Seeing Jisoo's terrified expression, as well as her innocent red eyes, Tiffany and Jungwoon both smiled tenderly. Both knew about the girl being bullied at school, and Tiffany took an instant liking to her when their eyes finally met. Perfect for my daugher, Tiffany thought.

"H-Hello, Mrs P-Park. Hello a-again, M-Mr Park. I-I'm Jisoo." Jisoo introduced herself, fighting the urge to snuggle back into Chaeyoung's neck. She knew that chaeyoung's parents were good people, just like her own parents, but she was still afraid nonetheless.

Tiffany nodded, showing enthusiasism. "Hi, Jisoo. You can just call me mom. No need for formalities. Chaeyoung talks about you a lot!" She said, making Jisoo whip her head to look at Chaeyoung in fear.

The blonde glared at her mother for a few seconds, before reuturning her focus onto Jisoo. "Y-You talk about me? To y-your parents?" Jisoo asked shyly, she didn't know if she should be happy or embarassed. In her heart, though, she knew she was happy.

"Oh no worries, dear, she talks about you a lot. All good things, she hasn't said a bad thing about you." Jungwoon-- Chaeyoung's father teased, winking at her daughter. Chaeyoung glared at her father, gritting her teeth.

Her annoyance faded almost instantly, however, when she saw a shy smile forming on Jisoo's lips. Tiffany noticed, starting to smirk even more as she raised an eyebrow at her daughter, who rolled her eyes back at her. Jisoo, obviously not realising the reason behind Chaeyoung rolling her eyes at Tiffany, started to giggle softly, enchanting Chaeyoung so much that the blonde started to smile, despite her annoying mother being frustrating.

Jungwoon and Tiffany found Jisoo absolutely adorable, the girl was so shy, and by looking into her eyes, they knew the girl was pure and innocent. They knew about the bullying, but same as their daughter, thye also couldn't understand the reason why she was being bullied.

Softly kissing Jisoo's forehead, Chaeyoung squeezed Jisoo tightly with her arms, making Jisoo giggle even more. "You are so cute." The blonde complimented, squishing one of Jisoo's cheeks with two fingers.

Jisoo smiled widely, starting to blush again. The soft giggles Jisoo was letting out...she was captivated.

She would do anything and everything to make Jisoo giggle every day.

And yes, they both forgot about Tiffany, who was trying to hold in a squeal, and Jungwoon, who had a wide smile on his face.

-

To be continued<3

A new update again y'all ^^ (i wrote this while i was in class btw—